Maintenance Supervisor - Cherrydale
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description Summary:
Provides leadership, direction and oversight for the physical condition, appearance, and operational efficiency of the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents and a great place to work for associates, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of HELPFUL, ENGAGED, RESPONSIVE, OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENCE and SUCCESS in all activities and interactions.
- Ensures timely, accurate, and high quality completion of resident service requests.
- Contributes to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by providing excellent customer service; communicates effectively, appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates, management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed promptly and professionally.
- Identifies and completes or oversees completion of routine, preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance repairs, as well as general upkeep tasks throughout the community and on all equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Effectively manages all maintenance associates; ensures they are fully trained and that all job responsibilities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees apartment turnovers. Repairs, renovates, paints, and cleans vacant apartments.
- Ensures that all areas are kept safe, tidy and free of trash, debris and animal waste, including the cleanliness of the dumpster areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash pick-up.
- Continuously monitors all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advises management of any areas needing attention.
- Maintains landscaping including watering of the flowers; performs snow removal as needed.
- Complies with all policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of operational and human resources policies and procedures.
- Resolves complex or advanced service issues including sensitive communications with residents.
- Contributes to the annual budget planning process; maximizes the appeal of the interior and exterior appearance/condition of the property within the parameters set forth in the annual budget; ensures all required and necessary service contracts are in place and renewed annually such to optimize service while minimizing expense; purchases equipment/supplies in accordance with established budgets, and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responds timely, appropriately and courteously to emergencies.
- Develops and delivers formal and informal training to associates throughout the company as assigned.
- Participates in and attends all required in-service training sessions.
- Supports other communities as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages the maintenance department which may include: Senior Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Apprentice(s), and/or Porter(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Skills, Experience and Talents:
- Minimum three years as a maintenance technician or other applicable experience; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Provide basic tool set.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
- When on-call, be ready, available, fit for work, and able to report to the property within 30 minutes of receiving a call.
Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.
Working at Enterprise:
At Enterprise, you’ll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You’ll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you’re valued and supported in your growth journey.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with an exceptional benefits package.
Enterprise Residential, LLC
Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good home possible for the millions of families without one. We support community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982, we have invested $44 billion and created 781,000 homes across all 50 states – all to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging. Join us at enterprisecommunity.org. Working at Enterprise: At Enterprise, you’ll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You’ll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you’re valued and supported in your growth journey. Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with an exceptional benefits package.
118 Cherry Hill Road BaltimoreBaltimore, MD
Real EstateView all jobs at Enterprise Residential, LLC