General Description: This individual helps build our growing referral base through awareness and education. In addition, this individual will work with the medical and mental health professional community helping with placement of clients and being a trusted advisor. Position will cover Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
1. Implements the departments strategic sales plan; works to meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals and objectives; and monitors performance against desired results, collaborates on ideas to increase referrals and admissions, creative thinking encouraged
2. Creates meaningful relationships with referral sources
3. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates geographic and demographic market area
4. Demonstrates exceptional Territory Management Skills including call planning, routing & frequency of calls
5. Maintains updated records on referring professionals
6. Attends professional conferences to meet and contact new potential referring professionals as assigned
7. Provides input to management regarding products and services, communication concerns, and uses established problem resolution procedures
8. Travel up to 25% may be required
9. Performs other duties as assigned, including cover for Intake / Admissions Specialists
10. Works with clients as a secondary (and in some cases primary) point of contact for placement.
11. Provides concierge level of services between referral sources and internal clinical and management team
- College degree required.
- Experience as clinician in healthcare environment a plus.
- 3-5 years of related experience working in a fast paced environment preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in outreach and business development in the professional medical field, experience calling on Psychiatrists, Counselors and others in the Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health arena a plus.
- Proficient computer skills including data entry, word processing, Outlook and Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills and communication skills required.
In order to complete the essential functions of this position the employee must be able to do the following with or without accommodations.
Must be able to:
- Work with a variety of people.
- Work independently without close supervision.
- Multitask, including prioritizing responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in written format.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Solve problems creatively.
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Work is sedentary and ambulant.
- Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Sit up to 6 hours.
- Walk up to 500 feet, up hills and on uneven terrain.
- Do data entry up to 4 hours.
- This position works primarily in the field.
- Subject to irregular hours on occasion.
- Some exposure to varying and unpredictable behavior.