Position: DRTV Media Buyer
Location: NYC (fully remote right now due to Covid-19)
The Media Buyer’s responsibility is to negotiate, purchase, optimize and monitor deliveries to ensure client goals are achieved. We are looking for a passionate individual who understands media and the challenges we face daily, with the ability to be nimble when needed. We are a collaborative group of individuals who work hard, play hard and have fun doing it.
- Diligently monitor daily buy maintenance, including, but not limited to, the reviewing and entry of pre/post logs into our management system, resolving discrepancies, maintaining budgets, ensuring clearance percentages, achieving client goals, no charges, fire sales, etc.
- Develop and retain strong, significant relationships with stations/networks through daily interactions via in-person, phone, and email
- Develop creative media packages through optimizations, key insights, and client KPIs
- Be an expert on their stations/vendors and will manage and update trend reports, demographic profiles, programming and rate structure
- Provide supervisors with marketplace conditions and changes, offering thoughtful and insightful solutions to marketplace challenges
- Effectively screen pre-logs and post-logs for content, alert stations if running in restricted programming and credit media as necessary based on content restrictions
- Input and send out buys/IOs, revisions, time schedules and cancellations for themselves and others if needed
- Retrieve order confirmations and digitally file all contracts/paperwork
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in media buying with a focus on DRTV
- Have an understanding of media math (CPO, CPC, CPP, CPM, ratio, etc.) and know how to build a buy when given such goals as TRPs, CPP, CPM, etc.
- Demonstrates solid technical and negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of Media Ocean buying software (preferred but not required)
- Proficient at problem-solving and brainstorming for thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrates intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
Entech Network Solutions, LLC