Entech Medical Staffing is currently seeking a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant to perform a variety of clerical and or clinical functions associated with patient care and maintenance of the EMR.
- Prepares exam rooms for daily clinics. Checks that room is clean, supplied, equipment in place.
- Reviews patient’s chart for testing results, reviews dictation and orders x-rays if needed.
- Greets patients in the exam room, documents chief complaint, verifies that x-rays are on the computer screen for physician’s review. Prepares patient for examination and procedures assisting physician as needed. Completes MIPS requirements.
- Monitors BP and Pulse Ox as needed, for procedures, records in EMR. Cleans exam room, sterilizes equipment and prepares room for next patient.
- Prepares injections for physician, according to approved procedures and physician instructions.
- Removes staples, stitches, dresses wounds following the physician guidelines.
- Performs venipuncture.
- Collects and packages specimens for lab processing. Prepares the patient and ultrasound machine for the physician.
- Removes/applies casting, braces, and dressings as directed by physician
- Directs patients, answering questions as needed
- Maintains clean, safely equipped and adequately supplied examining rooms. Inventories clinical supplies and places supply orders to maintain desired inventory levels.
- Complies with CLIA, OSHA, JCAHO and other regulatory agency standards. Participates in in-service programs as needed.
- Minimum 6 months previous medical office experience
- Knowledge of proper blood drawing and injection techniques