Senior GL Accountant - CPA - Ensign Services in San Antonio, TX
Ensign Services is presently seeking a talented and energetic Senior General Ledger Accountant for our satellite shared Service Center in San Antonio, Texas. This candidate will play a key role in our growing company, as it serves the needs of our rapidly-expanding heath care services client base across the United States. Qualified candidates must have a degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred. The Senior Accountant will have a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month end close process and balance sheet review and analysis for numerous locations. They will also have opportunity to grow and impact change.
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most dynamic company in the exploding healthcare services field today, serving 250+ long-term care facilities, 40 home health and hospice agencies, with over 25,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
The GL Accountant position is based in our satellite Service Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Responsibilities of this key position include:
- Be an integral part of the development of the service model for the Local Service center.
- Participate as a team member to be a local expert for our partners in Operations.
- Provides status of financial conditions by collecting interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Lead complex projects that require team effort with accounting team and our partners in Operations.
- Directly impact and develop measures and metrics for our Field Leadership.
- Interact and engage Facility Executive Directors with financial performance.
- Attend field leadership meetings to develop Field Leadership’s understanding of Financial close process.
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties.
- Self-motivated to seize growth opportunities without direct supervision or over sight.
- Monitors and works to improve processes for close.
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close of 10-12 locations.
- Prepare general ledger entries as needed to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial results for month-end close.
- Generate and review operating statements, compare actual results to historical trends and investigate and explain variances; analyze key accounts.
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation of selected asset and liability accounts for accuracy.
- Responsible for compiling all supporting documentation for balances in these accounts
- Maintain and monitor applicable SOX controls including contact with facilities to ensure completeness.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an accounting function is required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance- MBA/CPA preferred
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Proven strong Customer Service
- Proven leadership of projects with team and operations or customers
- Proven process improvements and efficiencies gained in current role
- Experience in a central location managing field accounting activities is preferred
- Must be a strong team player and leader, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods
- Able to work some off-hours necessary to complete the close process.
- Skilled nursing healthcare experience a plus
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employee’s needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees' efforts and accomplishments both locally and companywide, recognizing people daily through our Moments of Truth Program. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employees' professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars.
The location for this position is:
Parklane West Healthcare Center
2 Towers Park Lane
San Antonio TX 78209-6410