The Software Developer supports development and maintenance of a suite of software used nationwide to support Federal Aviation Administration/FAA Air Traffic Control - Time Based Flow Management (TBFM). This position is responsible for the design, development and test of software related to ATC - Air Traffic Control services, implementation of interface software, portable and flexible database products, and the displays and controls that optimize the operator-machine interface. Duties will also include contributing towards continuous improvement in both code and process, and collaboration with a cross-functional team. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a Position of PublicTrust.
The successful candidate must be local to the FAA's William J Hughes Technical Center in Pomona, NJ.
- Analyze Problem Reports & Change Requests for TBFM - this involves examining Java, 'C' & 'C++' language code, reviewing documents related to the assignment and updating as required.
- Develop software fixes - which involves understanding the issue, developing a design and other related documents, writing code in Java, C & C++ language, working with peer reviews, and testing your code. Utilizing the Red Hat Operation System.
- Regression testing on new software builds
- Check the safety functions for all the sites site file to make sure that are all in conformance.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in a combination of math, statistics and computer science and a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- 5 or more years experience with a formal software development process
- 5 or more years experience using one or more of the following languages: C, Java, Linux Unix
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter able to work on own
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Enroute Computer Solutions - ECS
Why Work Here?Enroute Computer Solutions / ECS is dedicated to providing innovative technology solutions in the field of Air Traffic Control Systems. As a recognized leader is this area, our success is based on our greatest asset – our employee team of experts, consisting of diversified professionals whose expertise is constantly evolving and staying well ahead of industry trends. We are dedicated to our employees, offering a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Enroute Computer Solutions is dedicated to our employees and we have been rated as one of the top companies to work for in NJ.