SHIRU CAFE is an innovative recruiting and networking platform linking talented university students with local and global companies - all in a cafe environment.
Our cafes are unique and serve as a hub for university student life. The world's top companies are seeking innovative approaches to hiring and use Shiru Cafe to connect more effectively with students to make real meaningful connections. Shiru Cafe provides welcoming spaces for students along with free and low-cost beverages and pastries.
The Lead Barista supports the management team by executing daily store operations. Through the lens of SHIRU CAFÉ’s mission and values, the Lead Barista works with and supports store staff to create a welcoming store atmosphere, positive work environment, and exceptional customer experience. The role also supports the partnership between the café, partner companies, and university students.
- Supports the cafe goals and initiatives as outlined by the SHIRU CAFÉ store manager. Role models café standards for quality, cleanliness, and service.
- Executes training plans for new hires and creates a welcoming and supportive learning environment in the café.
- Communicates clearly to baristas and store management to ensure successful store operations and supports a positive work experience.
- Develops positive relationships with store leadership, baristas, vendors, community and sponsor company representatives.
- Utilizes and coaches staff on the use of operational tools to achieve store cleanliness and food safety objectives.
- Facilitates management and organization of store inventory including placing and receiving orders as directed by Store Manager.
- Contributes to the store plan of continuous improvement by communicating objectives with baristas and providing feedback to cafe management regarding store operations.
- Maintains information security and confidentiality by reinforcing internal controls for company, customers and sponsors.
Summary of Experience
- Barista experience – 2 years
- Experience delivering excellent customer service in a retail or restaurant environment – 2 years
- Experience in teaching or coaching the work of others
Visit our website https://us.shirucafe.com/ to learn more about Our Mission to connect university students with the professional world.
Check out this article to learn more about our first café in the US in Providence, RI.