- Posted: over a month ago
Enjet Aero machines and fabricates complex jet engine parts, components and assemblies for leading OEMs in the commercial, defense, and general aviation sectors. Our goal is to be regarded as an irreplaceable resource by our customers. The only way for a company to meet such a goal is to consistently meet production deadlines and expectations.
Due to a promotional advancement within, we are currently seeking to fill the role of our Quality Assurance Manager. To perform this job successfully, the individual we seek out will have the utmost character and professionalism, have great communication skills and an even-tempered management style. This position is responsible for leading and supporting the Quality Assurance Department and Quality Management System. This includes all traditional quality verification activities, such as but not limited to: final inspection, receiving and in-process inspection; CMM inspection activities, independent lab testing, customer and internal auditing activities, continuous improvement processes; new product introduction activities; supplier quality; scheduling of the inspection workload, and overall Quality Management System compliance.
The Quality Manager will plan, coordinate and direct the Quality Management System for the design of which ensures continuous production of quality products consistent with company established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates and team members. The QA Manager is the focal point for facility and customer communication and process plan development, they will ensure a cohesive approach to meeting internal goals and objectives as well as our customer’s requirements.
- Provides leadership to ensure that Quality Management Systems (QMS) comply with the requirements of internationally recognized quality management systems, i.e., ISO 9001/AS9100, ASQR-01 as well as the new AS13100 QMS.
- Ensure that processes necessary for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained IAW AS9100, ASQR-01, knowledge of AS13100 a plus.
- Ensure the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Develop and streamline inspection processes throughout the shop
- Act as the facility’s primary customer quality assurance point of contact
- Maintains all planning and scheduling activities within the quality department ensuring timely execution and assuring all quality and design requirements are conforming.
- Provide final disposition on quality issues
- Establish and maintain effective quality procedures, documentation systems, tools, metrics, and process improvements required to meet quality system standards
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to the team
- Provide training to assure awareness and understanding of company and customer's requirements
- Create, document, and implement inspection criteria and procedures
- Manage all Quality Engineering functions, i.e., raw material certification review, KPC activity, AS9102 FAIR activity, etc.
- Recommend and implement improvements to quality department (i.e., improved technology, systems improvements, procedural updates, etc.)
- Manage the collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of inspection metrics
- Manage non-conforming product processes and scrap metrics
- Oversee and manage the AS9100 and ISO9001 quality systems including
- Manage all internal & external quality audits including AS9100, ASQR-01, etc.
- Manage quality budgets including calibration, equipment, certifications, etc.
- BS Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Management Experience
- Experience with applying quality processes and procedures in an aerospace manufacturing/precision machining environment.
- Experience with application of AS and ISO quality standards and their audits
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Pratt & Whitney quality systems
- Strong information technology skills especially related to automated inspection, SPC implementation and ERP systems
- Ability to create and effectively communicate regulations/standards
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple critical projects simultaneously
- Strong ethics to escalate issues in the face of competing company priorities
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen techniques
- CMM and vision system experience a plus
- Must possess strong leadership skills and exhibit exemplary diplomacy with customers
Benefits: Enjet offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid holidays, a 401K retirement plan, disability insurance, and more.
As an EOE/AA employer, Enjet Aero will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges.
Enjet Aero, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Enjet Aero, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?