Medical Assistant (Pain Management)
Our thriving practice is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Medical Assistant who can take on a multi-faceted role. We're looking for a dynamic professional who believes that patients should be treated as people rather than numbers in a file and who understands the value of compassionate and quality service delivery. We value the community and treat every patient as a guest once they've placed their first call, welcome them when they arrive at the clinic, and ensure they are comfortable throughout their visit and every one thereafter. As a staff member, it is imperative you subscribe to our philosophy. The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know when to slow down, look patients in the eye, and provide personalized service. There are a few advancement opportunities for the successful applicant. We encourage you to submit your credentials if you meet these qualifications.
- Run MAPS reports, be able to understand MAPS and Toxicology reports.
- Schedules procedures according to Physician orders
- Coordinates with the patient for on-site and OP facilities scheduling
- Ensures all documentation is complete and scanned in the chart
- Ability to enter accurate data in a highly demanding atmosphere
- Provide excellent customer service to patients and vendors
- Room Patients and obtain vital signs.
- Pend orders for imaging, therapy, referrals, medical supplies, and medications.
- Updating and filing patients' medical records.
- Handling correspondence.
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients.
- Preparing patients for examination and assisting the physician during the examination.
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Proficiency in the following areas is required:
- Understanding MAPS and Toxicology reports.
- Knowledge of FMLA paperwork.
- Experience with eCW EMR is highly desired.
- Excellent ability to multitask while working on various projects
- Detail-oriented and organization
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding scheduling issues, dealing with patients, family members of diverse ages, and backgrounds.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, being able to triage priorities, delegate tasks if needed, and handle conflict in a reasonable fashion.
- Knowledge with medical terminology, in the field of Neurosurgery and Orthopedics.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to focus on others
Education and Experience Required
- A high school diploma
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a pain management medical office setting.
Enhance Spine Center
Why Work Here?
great hours, top of the line facility, solid team, potential bonuses.