Senior Instrument Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Senior Instrument Technician
Experience: 5-7 years of instrumentation technician experience
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Pay: Based on experience, paid hourly, eligible for per diem, if applicable
Classification: Non-exempt, eligible for overtimeJob Description
Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and able to work collectively on a team with others. Conduct maintenance, repair, and replacement of activities on instrument systems. Must be able to troubleshoot problems with all types of PLC instrumentation, Electrical, and HMI software. Applicant should be proficient in various industry software such as SAP and Microsoft Office suite.Responsibilities
- Proficient in maintaining process control loops, electronic controls, valves, and transmitters
- Responsible for prompt and accurate diagnosis of minor problems and the implementation of corrective action. Consult directly with equipment vendors on problem resolution
- Coordinate and conduct maintenance activities on end devices to include pre-programming of transmitters w/hart communicator and ensure data accuracy on all fluid and gas measurement meters
- Respond and provide automation support during all outages
- Knowledge of RTUs. Understanding of digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting using loop drawing, schematics, ladder logic, electrical one-line, and P&I drawings
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and diagnose faults, execute repairs
- Maintain good housekeeping on and off work site. Ensure tools and equipment are in good working order
- Create work permits and JSAs; perform lock-out tag out and isolations
- Knowledge of HVAC systems troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of process operations and equipment
- Create, update, and close work orders promptly and as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot all types of PLC systems and HMI software
- Order and obtain materials and equipment for projects
- Maintain inventory of parts and/or tools in warehouse
- 5-7 years of experience
- Some travel to work sites may be required. May work on remote customer sites. Rotational work possible.
- Must be able to submit to and pass a drug/alcohol screening. Background check may be required for site requirements
- TWIC card required for some site work
- Other Offshore training as required by client and/or government regulations
- T-2 training (subpart O)
- Water Survival
- Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as self-guided without direct super
- Electronically qualified per OSHA, 1910.269 up to 600V
- High School diploma or GED, I+E technical degree and training preferred
- Valid drivers’ license with an acceptable driving record
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
- Comfortable with heights and able to climb stairs/ladders
- Endure extreme hot and cold environment at times
- Bending, walking, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods
- Ability to wear an N-95 mask when required
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite, proprietary software, etc.)
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
- Ability to implement cost-effective solutions
- Ability to work with a team and communicate with other function
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills for complex problems in automation systems.
- Excellent knowledge of automation host systems
- Expert in using test equipment pertaining to the job, including oscilloscope, function generators, radio service monitor, etc.
- Understanding of pneumatic instrumentation: calibration and maintenance
- Skillful in reading electronic schematics, identifying components, and understanding their functions
- Able to calibrate and troubleshoot complex PLC programs
- Competent level of understanding of automation and electrical design principles.
- Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs
- Extensive expertise in Electrical / Automation construction codes and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of material specifications and application
- Be knowledgeable with tagging conventions, programming simulation, and testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Maintenance software and databases
- Knowledge of modern electronics technology including analog and digital integrated circuits, computer electronics, and computer communications
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and tools used in the fabrication, construction, maintenance, and repair of electrical and electronic equipment
- Knowledge of the operation and uses of electronic test equipment, including oscilloscopes, analyzers, pulse and function generators, power supplies, etc.
- Ability to read complex electronic schematics and analyze and design general purpose analog and digital circuits
- Basic computer skills with office productivity software for e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
- Problem solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills: maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral and written communication skills
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability: adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability: consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance. 14.
- Safety and security: actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
Enginuity Global LLC provides process automation services and innovative environmental and safety products to industrial facilities. We are a young company, with immense growth potential. Joining our team gives you experience in top-performing industrial facilities across the US, in the fastest growing markets in the country. We are looking for self-motivated, passionate, and hard-working professionals to grow our company.Equal Employment Opportunity
Enginuity Global provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?