Senior Air Environmental Engineer
The Shell Polymers Monaca Environmental Department is looking for local support from a Senior Air Engineer to support in the area including but not limited to compliance, permitting, assurance and monitoring for a period of 12 months at the Monoca PA polymer production complex. The work scope could include leak detection and repair (LDAR) program oversight, continuous emissions monitoring and reporting, internal and external environmental reporting, assurance, and compliance, developing QA/QC programs for air. Must have 4-year degree in engineering, science or equivalent plus experience in the chemicals and manufacturing industry and more than 5-years of experience.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of and experience with Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection regulations
- Field compliance support for permit requirements support and engineering
- Participate in and lead others in environmental incident investigations
- Environmental reporting support (e.g. greenhouse gas, toxic release inventory, water reporting, annual inventories, etc.)
- Air Engineering permits, reporting and program support experience
- Ability to manage, direct and report environmental incidents from duty phone
- Waste water engineering experience
- Leak detection and repair and other air program support (e.g. experience with air programs such as BWON, EMACT, MON, OLD), Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, and Title V permit compliance and assurance
- Manage environmental data using IT systems- Operations and Maintenance collaboration
- Air (Greenhouse Gas, emission inventories, Acid Rain Program), water (Discharge Monitoring Reporting) and waste (26/25R) environmental reporting and data QA/QC
- Compliance, assurance, tracking and audit support
- Assistance with Management of Change, incident reporting programs, incident investigations
- Sample data reporting, trending, assessing gaps and look for patterns
- Sampling experience for environmental media air, water and waste
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all quarterly and monthly reporting deadlines for environmental reporting are met
- Collect, reconcile and quality check environmental data to ensure delivery of timely quality environmental data reporting to Shell Group
- Analyze environmental data and prepare material to fold into reports on environmental performance.
- Prepare material to support internal and external audits.
- Strive for efficiencies and cost savings through use of automated reporting tools
- Environmental data management experience
Candidate must possess an engineering or technical degree with 5-10 years of experience in the environmental field including compliance preferably downstream/refining/chemicals/manufacturing.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Familiarity with Environmental Management Systems
- Excellent data management, reporting and presentation skills and ability to integrate data across different platforms
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines with a crowded and often changing business agenda
- High level of accuracy in work product, attention to detail
- Global mindset and ability to develop relationships across multiple stakeholder and organizational boundaries
- It may be necessary to work additional hours and provide extended coverage during key reporting periods and hold environmental duty phone with 24/7 availability for one week per month
- Enterprise first and standardization/simplification mindset
- Education and experience with environmental requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power Point, Excel, Word, Teams
Skills and Requirements:
The environmental team maintains Shell’s license to operate both within and outside Shell. Our environmental compliance is the single most important aspect of our operations as viewed by the community and regulators. Shell has over 4,500 compliance opportunities and maintains 45 permits with 450 conditions of approval for the air permit and 100 conditions of approval for the water permits alone. Capacity, education, and experience cannot be substituted. Compliance and assurance are the keys to maintaining our license to operate.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to lead and work with others
- Ability to plan ahead of deadlines and execute work sometimes in tight timeframes
- Ability to explain technical or regulatory aspects to management and others
- Dedicated to meeting critical regulatory and other important milestones
- Self-directed yet a team player
- Experience delivering environmental training programs and/or influencing Operations and Maintenance personnel
Position is not virtual, work location is site-based at the Shell Polymers Monaca site, which is a world-class chemicals plant located in Monaca, PA.
Engineers and Constructors InternationalPittsburgh, PA
Energy and EnvironmentView All Engineers and Constructors International Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.