This posting is for Temporary positions as New Business Representative at PG&E through the ESC Local 20 Hiring Hall. These positions do not include benefits except medical insurance. However, these positions can be a gateway to career positions at PG&E. Many Hiring Hall employees have successfully transitioned to regular positions at PG&E.
This position is charged with customer contact, project coordination, billing, and contract preparation in connection with less complex installation of new business gas and/or electric facilities.
· Manages scope, schedule and cost for all assigned projects, from initiation to meter set. Scope and schedule is adjusted as appropriate to accommodate change (e.g., new customer needs, competition, and new regulation).
· Coordinates all other departments or individuals who are involved with the project and works to define the project’s background, objective, design scope, schedule, roles and responsibilities. Communicates project status (e.g., scope, schedule, and cost) to all stakeholders throughout the project.
· Prepare field sketches and layouts for the scoping of construction of additions or improvements to electric or gas systems. Provides accurate field data including pictures or videos as needed to estimators
· Looks for ways to minimize costs on projects.
· Facilitates resolution of project-related disputes. Continuous formal communication (both written and verbal) with all stakeholders is given a high priority throughout all stages of the project.
· Prepares contracts, as applicable, to ensure compliance with standards and tariffs.
· Negotiates reasonable estimating and construction dates that address customer’s anticipated schedules. May provide customer with an initial non-binding cost.
· Ensures all applicable project documentation is maintained in an orderly job file. Ensures all project dependencies are met, and all permits are obtained and land rights issues are resolved per procedures.