Senior Consultant - Mechanical
Mechanical engineer with training and commercial/industrial experience in solving a variety of mechanics problems. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of large and small scale client projects involving mechanical engineering issues and related technical subjects in support of industrial consulting projects, insurance investigations, litigation analysis and support. Ensures that goals/objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or with the assistance of other engineering staff.
- Reviews, and in some cases formulates project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Makes determination to take or decline projects based on all variables.
- Conducts and directs field investigations as needed.
- Performs engineering analysis, calculations, and research.
- Prepares technical reports, provides professional opinions and advice for clients, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Testifies in court and provides deposition testimony, if requested.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates project activities and personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews, or in some cases formulates status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Science/Applied Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, etc.
- Masters or Ph.D. Mechanics or related field from accredited university preferred.
- 10+ years in technical litigation consulting with the desire to develop a practice in risk and reliability engineering.
- Excellent technical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in evaluating technologies, manufacturing operations, and reviewing process as well as product designs.
- Experience and familiarity with reliability, root cause, fault tree, event tree, and uncertainty analyses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player actively engaging others in accomplishing project work and office goals both within their home office as well as across offices throughout ESI..
- Professional Engineer.
Computer Skills Required:
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Excel.
- Intermediate/advanced skills Word.
- Internet savvy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is the policy of ESI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,disability, or veteran status. ESI is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities, as well as veterans. If you need assistance with completing the electronic application, please e-mail your request to email@example.com
Engineering Systems IncColorado Springs, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.