CAD Product Developer
Engineering Services & Products Company Dyersville, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
A successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing a broad array of structural and
agriculture related products to meet specific customer needs. This position requires a demonstrated
proficiency in 3D design software (SolidWorks preferred) which will be used extensively in this position.
This person would be responsible for producing quick and accurate drawings and models and delivering
projects on time. Must be able to manage complex projects including researching, designing and/or
developing methods and materials which will increase operational efficiency. Position requires strong
analytical ability with emphasis on problem solving. Must be able to analyze a problem, recommend a
solution and drive the implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Participate in project calls and meetings to understand the needs of a customer
• Utilize CAD software tools to create building blueprints including overall layouts and all relevant
• Utilize CAD modeling to develop new components and products, create part and assembly
drawings for manufacturing.
• Develop practical solutions to unique challenges posed by a customer’s requirements.
• Providing creative ideas and cost saving ideas as a way to improve product design.
• Work with manufacturing personnel, both internal and external to improve design details
• Review existing designs and templates for accuracy.
• Work on multiple projects while remaining highly organized.
Ideal Applicant Possesses:
• Knowledge of and experience with 3-D modeling software, SolidWorks experience preferred.
• Associate’s degree or related experience.
• Experience in CAD and product development is preferred.
• Strong communications skills
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• High initiative with good communication skills and attention to detail.
• Well-rounded technical and business skills, accountable, flexible.
• Ability to work with minimal direction and work through design issues both individually and as a
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient in AutoCAD or SolidWorks or other related 3D rendering software
• Strong MS Office Skills and Internet web browsers
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
• Detail oriented and results oriented
• Candidate must be able to multi-task and be able to prioritize
• Must have a professional attitude
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes in workflow procedures
• Adhere to quality standards to maintain consistency in product delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and/or Experience
• Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education, related experience or training.
• Must have the communication skills appropriate for the job
• Ability to follow instructions
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 to 50
Engineering Services & Products Company offers greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, engineered buildings, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, temporary shelters, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, poultry products, livestock equipment and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home.
Engineering Services & Products CompanyWhy Work Here?
Competitive pay, excellent benefit package!
Engineering Services & Products Company (ESAPCO) was founded in 1979 with the purpose of bringing the highest quality products at the most competitive prices with exceptional customer service directly to the agricultural, horticultural, building and retail trade communities. With this goal in mind, we have grown from a regional, two-person operation to one with corporate headquarters and sales call center located in South Windsor, CT and a manufacturing and distribution center located in Dyersville, IA. These multiple locations allow our dedicated team of sales and service professionals to service over 300,000 loyal and happy customers worldwide. Engineering Services & Products Company is a member of Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI), Lightweight Structures Association (LSA), American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) and the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program. Engineering Services & Products Company offers greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, engineered buildings, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, temporary shelters, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, poultry products, livestock equipment and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home.
1440 Field of Dreams Way DyersvilleDyersville, IA