Quality Assurance Supervisor *3rd Shift*
This individual will be a key driver of operational efficiency and will demonstrate professional resourcefulness and very strong administration skills. A demonstrated ability to train/develop/grow people is a requirement for consideration along with direct experience in overseeing a highly productive manufacturing team.
- Overseeing successful production, quality assurance, packaging/ labeling and warehouse transfer of products scheduled to be manufactured 3rd shift.
- Developing and supporting on-going training of competent associates required to staff your shift. Directly defining responsibilities and goals for all direct reports.
- Shepherding team development- broadly and within each department- to allow greater personal focus on driving key metric improvements.
- Managing true development performance statistics and understanding requirements for improving productivity. Establishing ‘best practices’ and creating a manufacturing culture focused upon continuous improvement.
- Acting as ‘first line management’ for all personnel under your management including vacation scheduling, tardiness, performance, etc. and ensuring compliance to personnel policies.
- Serving as the 3rd shift operational safety leader and driving compliance to all prescribed safety practices. Overseeing proper investigation and resolution of all safety incidents including appropriate disciplinary actions and retraining, where required.
- Direct experience in challenging manufacturing environment including first line supervisory experience. Chemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Direct experience in leading a truly diverse team of associates with fairness and consistency. Demonstrated ability to combine appropriate compassion/ understanding with correction/ discipline.
- Leadership by example. Demonstration of high standards in work ethic, professionalism and commitment to results.
- Very positive attitude and very work-ethic.
- The right candidate will be excellent at multi-tasking and will demonstrate a strong ability to balance short-term needs while maintaining focus on longer term departmental and organizational goals.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish would also be extremely desired.
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear and see on a consistent basis
- Must be able to walk, write and type on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 55 lbs
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs and ladders
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours/day on hard surfaces including concrete
- Must be able to bend, squat, carry, reach, push and pull on a frequent basis
- Must be able to tolerate non-toxic odors and wear a respirator or dust mask
- Must be able to work in area where noise level is such that hearing protection may be required
- Must be able to comply with all company PPE requirements
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone
- May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt
Engineering Search GroupElkhart, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.