- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirement, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency using the company’s PPS system utilizing Lean Manufacturing processes
- Collaborate with other engineers, contractors and suppliers
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Utilizes statistical data to establish base-line metrics, opportunity justification, project prioritization, and gauging / reporting improvement.
- Find ways to reduce costs and maximize quality
- Develop and draft a plan for all manufacturing procedures
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance
- Develop and test effective automated and manual systems
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Direct and oversee the full lifecycle of a product’s manufacturing process, including design, construction, packaging and quality control
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, or related engineering field preferred
- 5+ years automotive/truck industry or related expereince
- Computer proficient; confident using data analysis programs and Microsoft Suite
- Experience using CAD (computer aided design) and CAM (computer aided manufacturing) software
- Experience using Solidworks
- Electronic Sketching
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
Engineering Search Group