Manufacturing Automation Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED 45-55 FROM GREENSBORO. SERIOUS APPLICATIONS ONLY.
Essential Functions:· Develops, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
· Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirement, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency using the company’s PPS system utilizing Lean Manufacturing processes· Works with Engineering and programming on material requirements and sheet utilization for maximum sheet utilization through nesting programs.
· Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient Lean production methods.
· Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
· Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
· Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Program and troubleshoot PLCs.
· Design and build automation cells.
· Make improvements to existing automation
· Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
· Drives defects to root cause, implements countermeasure, and reports Customer concern response.
· Pilot review product changes and coordination.
· Utilizes statistical data to establish base-line metrics, opportunity justification, project prioritization, and gauging / reporting improvement.
· Responsibilities may also include: maintaining records; purchasing; and managing staff and budgets.
· Adheres to Quality policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities
.· Adheres to Safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: · Solidworks · Automotive/Truck industry or related experience, preferably body manufacturing & assembly: aluminum forming, welding, fastening, sealing, painting, etc. (5 years).
· Root cause analysis.
· Knowledgeable of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and Statistical Analysis and reporting
· Strong communication skills: Verbal, Written· Electronic Sketching
· Problem solving, “go and see"· Basic PC skills
· BSME, BSIE, or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health insurance Dental insurance Vision insurance
Paid time off
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Engineering Search Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?