An inventory specialist oversees inventory control by keeping track of all products and supplies. The job description of an inventory specialist requires a proficiency in the use of inventory software, detailed knowledge of the range of a company’s products, and a strong attention to detail. Due to contracting requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
An inventory specialist maintains records of all inventory, produces inventory reports for the production manager on a regular basis, ensures that sales records and actual inventory match up, and keeps all stock organized and replenished as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Inventory Specialist
• Counts all products and supplies.
• Analyzes sales records and compares them to physical inventory.
• Reports any discrepancies to inventory manager or production manager.
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of the stockroom.
• Packs up defective items for return, creates shipping labels, and mails items.
• Uses computerized inventory software to record, track, and maintain all inventory related data.
• Accepts and signs for deliveries.
• Unloads deliveries and stores them appropriately in the stockroom.
• Adjusts inventory reports to account for new deliveries.
• Ensures that all stock is organized, properly stored, and in good condition.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of inventory software.
• Possesses specific knowledge of company’s range of products and services.
• Exhibits ability to interpret and explain inventory reports.
• Possesses physical strength necessary to unload and restock supplies.
• Pays close attention to detail.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Exhibits ability to think creatively in order to devise best inventory control practices.
• Possesses a keen eye for organization.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
• Works well with a team.
Additional Knowledge and Experience
• Prior experience with Commercial Asset Visibility Air Force (CAV AF) system is an asset but not
Why Work Here?CALCULEX is a leader in developing high tech solutions for the acquisition, recording, and processing of data often supporting developmental and operational test of military and commercial airborne systems. CALCULEX is comprised of a small team of highly trained, skilled and motivated Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, FPGA Code Designers, Firmware and Software Programmers, and Technicians. CALCULEX is an aerospace electronics, embedded firmware and software developer, and electronics manufacturer. CALCULEX is located in Las Cruces, Mew Mexico, provides an employee benefits package including paid holiday and personal leave, company supported full coverage health insurance and 401K retirement, continuing education, and a 9/80 work week
Competitive pay, excellent benefits, room for growth