Senior Wetland Scientist/Project Manager
Denver Metropolitan Area, CO
The individual who fills this full time salaried position will be responsible for completing a variety of technical and supervisory tasks. This position may require some travel out of town (less than 15 days per year). The responsibilities of this position are outlined in the following.
Technical and managerial supervision of a 5-10 project team members on projects that perform a wide range of wetland services for transportation, mining, oil and gas, water development, pipeline, open space, and residential/commercial development projects including, but not limited to: wetland delineations, wetland mitigation site and treatment wetland design, stream restoration planning and design, stream flow assessment to determine ordinary high water mark, wetland function assessments, compensatory mitigation assessments, aquatic resource assessments, biogeochemical evaluations and mitigation measures for contaminated wetlands, botanical surveys, NEPA documents – EAs and FONSIs, studies for Cat Ex clearances, Biological Assessments, mitigation site monitoring, statistical analyses, Section 404 and 402 permitting, disturbed land reclamation, ARCGIS database development and management, watershed and ecological modeling, and wetland restoration planning.
Supervisory responsibilities include:
· Project Management of up to 15 projects at a time – coordination with clients, QA Program/Manual Development, QC oversight, managing project budgets, insuring on time and on budget project completion, staff scheduling, managing teams of scientists and engineers, coordination with other senior staff
· Preparation of technical scopes of work and costing information for proposals
· Hiring new staff and overseeing staff development
Technical studies, design plan sets, reports, and field work including:
· Wetland delineation, findings reports, permitting, mitigation site design and planning, and mitigation site construction; and use of GPS units to capture field data
· Monitoring surveys, point-intercept surveys, and noxious weed surveys
· Spatial analyses and ecological modeling and familiarity (preferably experience with) with AutoCAD
· Habitat suitability assessments for federally- and state-listed species throughout the Rocky Mountain Region, but mainly in Colorado, for species such as, but not limited to: Preble's meadow jumping mouse, Ute ladies' tresses orchid, Colorado butterfly plant, Arkansas darter, Bonytail chub, Canada lynx, Colorado pikeminnow, Humpback chub, Razorback sucker, and Unita Basin hookless cactus.
· Preparing Environmental Assessments according to NEPA guidelines for the HUD, BLM, USFS, CDOT, NPS, and USDA RD, including scoping, purpose and need statements, baseline conditions, affected environment, mitigation, and cumulative impact sections, and FONSI's and ROD's
· Preparation of Biological Assessments, Habitat Conservation Plans and others task as required by Section 7 and 10 consultation
· Stream restoration studies, plans, design, and cost estimating
· Mined land reclamation planning, studies, design and cost estimating
· Preparation of storm water management and/or erosion control plan
Required minimum qualifications:
· M.S. in Wetland Sciences, Watershed Science, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Engineering, Biology, Hydrology, Ecology, Soils, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, or related field; PhD is a plus
· At least 18 years consulting experience in the aforementioned areas
· Professional Wetland Scientist certification. Certified PMP, Professional Engineer (water resources or environmental) license, or Hydrologist certification is a plus
· Successful supervisory experience of at least 10 individuals
· Experience independently and successfully conducting field investigations, evaluating data, statistical analyses, and technical report writing
· Very strong oral and written communication skills
· Environmental construction experience is a plus
· Must pass drug screening and background check
Full-time position, Denver Metropolitan area, CO; annual salary $94,000-$108,000.00, paid holidays and PTO, medical insurance benefits, life and disability insurance, and 401K Program
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SEND A COMPREHENSIVE RESUME WITH COVER LETTER, REFERENCES, AND WRITING SAMPLES.
Why Work Here?
Comprehensive environmental and engineering consulting firm based in the north Denver-Metro area.