JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanical Engineer
WORK LOCATION: Hillsboro OR 97124
PAY RATE: DOE
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter with clear and concise communication skills. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for detailed phases of engineering work on major projects or total engineering work on projects of smaller or moderate scope.
OSHA 10/30 hour Construction Certificate preferred. (Incumbent must be OSHA Construction Certified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited school, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) required.
- Must have ability to interface with customers to define scope of work and basis of design.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems control philosophy including P&ID development.
- In-Depth Knowledge of HVAC, Pumping, Chiller and Boiler systems, including design and operation.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of pump hydraulics required.
- Knowledge of PIPE-FLO or similar hydraulic modeling software desired.
- Knowledge of piping support design a plus.
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis highly desirable. This includes both manual calculations and computer simulations.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions. Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred. High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors.
- Oral and written skills that are adequate to communicate with the project team (including client, in some cases).
- Problem-solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment.
- Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects.
- Execute mechanical design from conceptual design and criteria development through construction document production and provide engineering support during construction.
- Develop mechanical system layouts, equipment sizing, selection and associated specification and scope of work write-up.
- Perform plumbing and/or schematic fire protection design on selected projects.
- Design of air systems, fans, ducting and dampers.
- Design of hydronic systems.
- Developing construction contract documents.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Exercises occasional judgment in making adaptations or modifications to design concepts.
- Reviews work with supervisor to ensure the application of sound engineering practices and professional judgment.
- May supervise, coordinate, and direct the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking his/her portion of the completed drawings.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
- Performs design work on AutoCAD and Revit modeling software.
- Use design software including Trane Trace Load 700, Handsdown Psychrometric analysis, PIPE-FLOW and TRIFLEX.
- Attend and participate in design reviews (internal/external) as necessary.
- Travel may be required.
- Valid driver's license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Engineering FirmBelongs to the Top 10 Engineering/Architecture Firms for the past 6 years.