Project Engineer (HVAC & Controls)
Engineering Economics Inc. Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an emerging HVAC and/or Control Project Engineer in design or construction industry?
Are you looking to expand both your design and field knowledge or experience?
Do you enjoy helping customers identify, troubleshoot and resolve system issues? If so, we are looking for YOU!
- Engineering Economics, Inc. (EEI) is a fun, fast-paced, national leader in the facility consulting industry – specializing in Building Commissioning.
- We are passionate about facility performance and the energy efficiency of facility systems, and hire team members capable of helping our clients achieve both!
We are looking for a Project Engineer to work closely with both our Project Managers and our clients to deliver quality building systems.
- At EEI, our goal is to provide the highest quality service, not only meeting our client commitments, but exceeding their expectations every time.
- We trust our people, which is why our clients trust us. This is why we need YOU on our team!
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- Success in the design and/or construction of MEP or Controls projects
- That you are service-minded, eager and able to support the execution of a project vision
- Successful collaboration with design and/or construction teams
- Success in meeting challenging project schedules and budgets
What sets EEI apart as a place to grow, contribute, and enjoy professional satisfaction?
- Individual autonomy within a team structure
- High-profile clients who appreciate what we do
- Cooperative teams that emphasize mutual respect, trust and accountability
- Hard-working colleagues who are passionate about solving problems and delivering value to our clients
- Attractive compensation packages with competitive base compensation, performance bonuses, and exceptional employee benefits, including an Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Participate in planning, scheduling, coordination, reviews, commissioning and O&M training meetings
- Review design documents, submittals, engineering calculations, reports and O&M strategies for completeness, accuracy and effectiveness
- Participate in site visits for system/facility assessment, system functionality assessment, energy efficiency evaluation, installation review, witnessing startup, witnessing contractor testing/demonstration and commissioning testing
- Aid in engineering tasks of research, data collection, data analysis, calculations, code analysis, design, cost estimation and economic analysis
- Work with managers in development of design criteria, checklists, test procedures, reports and presentations
- Collaborate with troubleshooting, problem analysis and solution development
- Direct support staff, subcontractors and contractors in system testing and other appropriate activities
- Assist project manager; document work and communicate results and recommendations
- Develop and maintain relationships with EEI staff, clients and subcontractors as well as project designers and contractors
- Organize and manage project documentation
- Bachelor degree in applicable discipline, may substitute experience for degree.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in engineering, commissioning, retro-commissioning and/or energy auditing
- Basic understanding of common mechanical, electrical and control systems
- Basic understanding of sustainability, energy management principals and energy efficiency strategies
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Relevant technical certifications or licenses (preferred, but not required)
For more information about EEI, please visit our website at www.EEIEngineers.com.
Engineering Economics Inc.Why Work Here?
Awesome employee owned company, great benefits, and lots of room for growth.
Engineering Economics, Inc. (EEI) is a recognized leader in the facility and energy consulting marketplace. Our professionals consistently deliver innovative solutions to maximize building performance, extend system lifecycles and reduce utility costs. A dedication to delivering superior building system performance has led to strategic and valued partnerships with Fortune 500 organizations, national healthcare networks, prestigious universities and leading governmental agencies. Our commitment to quality assurance and sustainability has also given us a nationally-recognized reputation for building commissioning and retro-commissioning services. To date, we have commissioned more than 170 million square feet of space, representing more than $31 billion in construction. Our services also include facility assessment, master planning, energy audits and technical program management, with specialty teams delivering these services to healthcare (EEI Healthcare), data and mission critical facilities. Our stellar reputation is the direct result of the highly trained and experienced team of professionals that lead our projects. Collectively we have formed the reputation that is EEI. We never lose sight that it's our clients that give us opportunity and it's our employees that deliver results! To learn more about our firm or check out career opportunities, visit us at: www.eeiengineers.com
ManufacturingView all jobs at Engineering Economics Inc.