The BSM Project Manager role is as the principal contact between the client and our firm, with in-person, hands-on involvement with the stakeholders, in-depth knowledge of their perspectives, capabilities, goals and objectives, as well as knowledge of their facility and the working systems within.
BSM pertains to analysis, identification, design, and construction of performance improvement modifications of existing commercial building HVAC control, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. BSM project management is a combination of office related management and field observations/management. Projects are varied and executed in sequence over one to two years predicated on sequential implementation of corrective measures.
The BSM Project Manager must have experience with the configuration, performance and control of these systems and oversee design and construction of improvements. The majority of design will be provided by support staff or contracted design firms. All construction is contracted to qualified contractors, working under contract to the client, managed by the BSM Project Manager performing as the CM Agency (Owner’s Representative).
· BS in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
· Control application, design and construction courses.
· Successful completion of industry technical or management related curriculums as they apply to the above work qualifications. Employer provided curriculums may qualify.
· MEP Coordinator/Healthcare experience a plus.
· Minimum of 10 years in the commercial building mechanical and electrical business, technically involved in the design and construction of these systems
- Experience with HVAC control, to include applications, hardware, software, sequences of operation and commissioning.
- Experience managing design and construction firms, to include principals, project managers/engineers, superintendents, trade leads, and journeymen.
- Experience soliciting, interviewing, contracting and managing service providers.
- Experience managing and motivating craft workers performing repair, replacement or construction activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with clients, contracted entities, authorities having jurisdiction and service providers, applying listening skills, organization and communication of issue resolution activities.
- Ability to grasp the pertinent issues at hand, be they personal , business related, or technical with application of common sense, judgment and discretion toward positive resolution of issues.
- Ability to creatively determine, communicate and apply value added actions, be they material, equipment or installation labor saving actions
Salary based on experience..
Engineering Economics Inc.
Why Work Here?Engineering Economics, Inc. (EEI) is a recognized leader in the facility and energy consulting marketplace. Our professionals consistently deliver innovative solutions to maximize building performance, extend system lifecycles and reduce utility costs. A dedication to delivering superior building system performance has led to strategic and valued partnerships with Fortune 500 organizations, national healthcare networks, prestigious universities and leading governmental agencies. Our commitment to quality assurance and sustainability has also given us a nationally-recognized reputation for building commissioning and retro-commissioning services. To date, we have commissioned more than 170 million square feet of space, representing more than $31 billion in construction. Our services also include facility assessment, master planning, energy audits and technical program management, with specialty teams delivering these services to healthcare (EEI Healthcare), data and mission critical facilities. Our stellar reputation is the direct result of the highly trained and experienced team of professionals that lead our projects. Collectively we have formed the reputation that is EEI. We never lose sight that it's our clients that give us opportunity and it's our employees that deliver results! To learn more about our firm or check out career opportunities, visit us at: www.eeiengineers.com
Awesome employee owned company, great benefits, and lots of room for growth.