- Expired: July 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
R & D Manager
We are looking for a smart and talented Research and Development Manager who can perform several important roles within our organization. You will be responsible for research, planning, and implementing new programs and protocols into our company. You will also be required to oversee the entire development process of new products and programs within the organization. Your active participation will be required from the initial planning phase to implementation or production. Additionally, you are required to keep track of all the costs related to the creation of these new products and decide what ideas are worth pursuing. You should also stay informed on what is happening in the research and development field at large to make sure the company is up-to-date and current with the most advanced R&D developments.
The research and Development Manager will have to use creative abilities and research methods to improve existing products based on industry trends and develop new products to meet the needs of the company’s target market. You are expected to report on any technical product issues that are discovered during evaluation and manage product testing and trials, assessing the materials used, the efficiency of the process, and the effectiveness of the final product.
Responsibilities of an R&D Manager job include:
- Lead key projects with R&D to support business goals.
- Develop research programs incorporating current developments to improve existing products and study the potential of new products.
- Understand customer expectations on to-be manufactured products.
- Determine and execute improved technologies used by suppliers, competitors, and customers.
- Support Director to hire and develop R&D personnel.
- Establish project goals and priorities by collaborating with Marketing and Operations.
- Transfer new technologies, products, and manufacturing processes into and out of the company.
- Research, design and evaluate materials, assemblies, processes, and equipment.
- Suggest training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development.
- Monitor team metrics and objectives ensuring meeting of goals.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Manage customer relationships and perform RFP reviews, customer visits, and product testing.
- Establish and maintain testing procedures for assessing raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Oversee complex research projects, analyze results and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Assess the scope of research projects and ensure they are on time and within budget.
- Be present at industry conferences on research topics of interest.
A master’s degree in the relevant field. However, the field in which you got your degree could even be general like human resources, finance, or management. A bachelor’s degree may also be acceptable if the candidate has experience working within the industry of relevance or general R&D experience.
- Proven experience in a relevant role.
- A strong sense of creativity aids in the process of thinking of new product ideas and solving problems creatively.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills are also important.
- The ability to communicate well with customers, colleagues, and lower-level staff.
- Hands-on experience in managing or leading a team of employees.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and good at managing time.
- Good business sense.
Engineered Yarns Co
AddressFall River, MA
ScienceView all jobs at Engineered Yarns Co