Financial Reporting-Tax Accounting Analyst
60-75k + benefits
Farmington Hills, MI
Tax Accounting Analyst will be responsible for tax accounting functions including the preparation of tax provision calculations, interpreting tax and accounting regulations as well as the development of disclosures for financial reporting.
Prepares the processes involved in the preparation of the taxation reporting packages for the NAFTA group companies. (30%
Prepares income tax-related journal entries and footnote disclosures by collecting and analyzing relevant financial information. (20%)
Ensures ICFR compliance to support Management's assessment on the effectiveness of internal controls related to tax accounting processes. (15%)
Prepares projected tax calculations for planning purposes as well as effective tax rate reconciliations (10%)
Performs research, support and documentation needed for quarterly and yearly auditing activities. (10%)
Guides Management's decisions by examining tax accounting consequences of various financial options. (10%)
Prepares tax accounting related projects as required. (5%)
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university required with an emphasis in:
- CPA and Public Accounting preferred
Must be able to work flexible hours/week
Work Holidays when required
Work weekends when required
The desired candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- at least 2 years of accounting and/or income tax experience; exposure to IFRS12 or ASC740 preferred
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and time management skills
Candidate questions – must be submitted with resume to be considered
1) Does candidate have at least 2 years of accounting and/or income tax experience; exposure to IFRS12 or ASC740 preferred yes or no
2) Is candidate acceptable of salary window provided yes or no
3) Does candidate need help with documentation to work in the US?
4) Does candidate have CPA yes or no
5) Does candidate have prior journal entry with automotive company explain and give years.
6) Does candidate have any additional experience that would make them an asset to the company?