Marketing Manager - (Onsite) Minnetonka, Minnesota
Under the direction of the Division President, the Marketing Manager is responsible for marketing program development, implementation, management, and monitoring critical milestones for Engineered Products Company in the following areas:
- Company brand awareness initiatives
- Sales growth and new product promotions
- Website, customer database, and digital marketing strategies
- Market, competitor, and product research
- Technical product-related communications
- Trade show and online webinar events
Responsible for managing and creating all Marketing Communication, Regional Sales Manager sales materials, customer documentation (flyers, datasheets), product packaging, printed collateral materials, catalogs, advertising (print, broadcast, electronic/social media), direct mail, newsletters, and website(s)development and maintenance for Engineered Products Company.
- Plan, create, produce, and execute all marketing-related materials for the Engineered Products Company.
- Develop new and creative programs to promote our Brand in the marketplace and communicate our value proposition.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, and other stakeholders to develop programs to drive sales growth and brand loyalty.
- Manage and enhance the company website and grow our digital marketing presence to strengthen our customer connection.
- Perform market, product, and competitive research and translate it into effective marketing programs supporting sales growth goals.
- Utilize our marketing contact database to engage with Sales Agents, Distributors, Contractors, and Other Customers to retain and expand our customer base.
- Collaborate with engineering and sales to create and maintain accurate technical documentation, including catalogs, data sheets, installation manuals, application notes, white papers, video programming, and sales training manuals.
- Plan and manage industry trade show exhibits and online webinar events.
- Proactively manage assigned staff and their related duties.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Proactive, collaborative, hands-on individual with the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and prioritize with minimal direction.
- Creative, "out-of-the-box" thinker that can take new ideas from concept to implementation.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the competencies to lead projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of website development and creating brand awareness using current technology and relative industry channels.
- Knowledge of marketing databases and digital marketing strategies
- Experience developing and promoting new products.
- Highly developed writing and editing skills, including expertise in technical writing, marketing plan creation, website content, catalog development, and new product release feature writing.
- Highly skilled in using required marketing software programs and related technology.
- Lead, train, and develop subordinate marketing team members to ensure their success within the organization.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing all direct reports of the Engineered Products Company marketing team.
- Marketing Assistant / Graphic Designer
- Marketing Communication Specialist
- External vendors for various marketing-related initiatives
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit at a workstation (cubicle/office desk) for up to 90% of the workday.
- Lift, push, pull, and carry requirements are under 10 lbs. on an inconsistent basis.
- Requires the ability to spend most of a workday answering the telephone, making outgoing calls, and using a computer, computer keyboard, facsimile, and other appropriate office equipment.
- This position will require occasional travel to business partner meetings, trade shows, conferences, etc. Travel may be by airplane, motor vehicle, train, or bus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing Management, Business Communications, or Marketing Communications is necessary.
- Marketing experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a developing Marketing Manager or leader with effective project management and implementation experience. Electrical or electrical distribution experience is strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of exposure to sales promotion management, new product development, trade show participation, technical writing, and a working knowledge of public relations, graphic design, and print and online marketing.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator InDesign, Photoshop) & Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Experience using both PC and MAC operating system platforms.
- Previous ERP experience helpful (SYSPRO).
- Database management system experience is required.
- Email management software platforms.
- Software expertise, including:
- Microsoft Word
- MS Project
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
All positions require the ability to work well with more than one department and individuals in various roles and work well independently to complete the required essential functions.
- Work will be performed in a business casual office setting where separate workstations/cubes or offices are set up for employees working in the office area.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee's participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- The ability to work collaboratively with teams and perform well independently is required for this role to be successful.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. The employee is responsible for staying abreast of policy and procedure changes.
- Employees must always abide by company safety procedures to maintain a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn while performing job duties requiring PPE. This includes PPE related to protecting employees against COVID-19.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
- This position requires reporting to work as scheduled onsite at the Minnetonka, Minnesota facility. Not categorized as a telework position.
This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time. Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as establishing an employment contract or agreement. All employees of the company are employed at will.
Engineered Products CoHopkins, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.