Front Office Coordinator
Engineered Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Institute Henderson, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION: Front Office Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: With a customer service orientation – greet and register patients, answer the telephone, prepare the office for the day, schedule patient appointments, and collect payment for services.
- High school diploma required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Front Desk, Administration & Marketing
- Three years’ experience in hospitality, retail, medical office, marketing or other customer service position
- Experience in a clerical or receptionist position required
- Type 40+ WPM
- Multilingual, preferred [English & Spanish]
- Comfortable using email, social media platforms and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of word processing software and practice management software
- Proven experience with proactive customer service and service recovery
- Understanding of managed care and third party payor concepts
- Excellent telephone skills and demeanor
- Neat, professional appearance
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- "Opens" the office each day, according to protocol
- Answers the telephone pleasantly, and by the third ring as often as possible
- Appropriately discusses consultations, procedures and services with prospective patients over the phone—encourages them to schedule an appointment, or transfers them to the Patient Coordinator
- Schedules patient appointments; asks them how they heard about the practice and enters required demographics
- Keeps a “cancellation list” and calls patients if their appointment can be rescheduled to an earlier time
- Sends new patient paperwork to new patients within 2 hours of scheduling the appointment
- Encourages new patients to visit the practice Web site to learn more about the physician and the services he or she provides and view the photo gallery
- Asks all new patients how they heard about the physician; records this information in the practice's database
- Makes reminder phone calls 48 hours before designated patient appointments and/or uses automated technology
- Responds to internet inquiries within 2 hours of receiving them
- Runs the daily schedules
- Runs all patient encounter forms
- Keeps a list of people who call about new procedures and treatments that the practice does not yet offer
- Acts as back-up to the Patient Coordinator
Check-In, Registration, and Check-Out
- Greets patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments
- Provides new patients appropriate paperwork for required signatures (if the patient has not been pre-registered)
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and established insured patients, according to protocol; scans or copies insurance card, drivers license, front and back, and new patient paperwork into the practice management system or chart
- Explains financial and collection policies to new patients – provides written guidelines to each patient
- Ensures all patient paperwork is complete before patient is seen – follows practice protocol to notify the clinical staff or Patient Coordinator when patient is ready to be seen
- Informs patients in the reception area when the surgeon is running behind
- Collects payments for consultations, products and services; posts charges and payments into the computer daily and schedules follow up appointments, as needed.
- Maintains recall system for recurring non-surgical treatments, such as injections, facials, laser treatments, etc.
- Sells products according to protocol
- Prepares a daily close at the end of each day, according to protocol
- “Closes” the office each day, according to protocol
- Facilitates phone and walk-in requests for skincare products; collects money and posts charges and payments into the computer system
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information
- Ensures all faxes are distributed throughout the day
- Checks and delivers mail daily
- Keeps the patient reception area neat and clean at all times throughout the day, and ensures that refreshments are stocked
- Facilitates any physician requests throughout the day
- Maintains patient confidentiality by following the HIPAA Compliance Plan established by the practice; releases PHI in accordance with the practice's HIPAA Compliance Plan, attends regular HIPAA training, maintains data security by refusing to share computer and other passwords, and reports all identified and suspected HIPAA violations to the Privacy Officer or Manager
- Maintains detailed knowledge of software as it relates to job functions
- Attends all staff meetings
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the physician or Manager
Disclaimer: This list is not exhaustive and may be changed at any time.
Access to PHI (Protected Health Information)
This position has extensive access to PHI. It requires access to computerized schedules and computerized or paper-based billing and reimbursement databoth of which contain a patient's clinical and financial information. It also may require the review of patient referral forms, lab results, tests, and encounter form data in the medical record in order to prepare patient information for the physicians and clinical staff.
Typical Physical Demands
Work may require sitting for long periods of time, and also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift objects or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds. Position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, telephone, calculator, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Position also requires viewing computer screens and typing for long periods of time and working in an environment which can be very stressful.
Typical Working Conditions
Work is performed in a reception area, and involves frequent contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times. The employee must be comfortable asking patients for money and relevant personal information. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Contact involves dealing with sick people.
Related keywords: receptionist, medical receptionist, administrative assistant, medical office
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
Engineered Aesthetics Plastic Surgery InstituteWhy Work Here?
Awesome team, happy environment, room for growth, fun services and the best patients--ever!
880 Seven Hills DriveHenderson, NV
BusinessView all jobs at Engineered Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Institute