- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Engine Shop is a creative-led experiential agency solving business challenges with storytelling and by connecting our clients with their audiences at the intersection of consumer passion points (e.g., lifestyle, culture, sports, music, film, television, and gaming). Through physical experiences, content, and branded entertainment, we drive our clients’ business objectives by turning a brand’s identity, equities, and emotional intelligence from abstract to tangible.
But that is not our only focus. Our culture is a consideration in everything we do. How we treat one another, how we have each other’s backs, and how we welcome people for who they are, set the metrics of how we define ourselves. And we know work must fit into life and life into work.
We want new people to not only join us, but to also drive us. Drive us to better solutions, drive us to be a better collective, drive us to be the “Better Way.”
The Account Director has proven expertise in all account management responsibilities. They are focused on providing strategic leadership for assigned accounts, ensuring overarching client needs are met, while looking for opportunities to build the business with existing and new clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 6+ years of demonstrable experience delivering as an Account Manager in an engagement/creative/experiential agency or brand marketing environment
- Ability to provide strategic thinking and management of integrated campaigns; creative, branding, content, sponsorship, experiential, digital, PR and social
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Advanced problem resolution and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate internal team and client needs, serving as a valued partner
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple assignments or projects at one time
- Experience successfully leading others with poise and professionalism
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in sponsorship and activation management is a priority
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Day-to-day management of clients’ engagement marketing campaigns and projects
- Proactive leadership that encourages teams to perform to the best of their ability
- Regular communication and liaison with clients at a senior level
- Take client briefs for assigned projects and draft scopes of work for approval by EVP, Client Services and Finance
- Ensure accurate reports and status notifications
- Pitch fresh and innovative ideas to clients
- Ensure completion of projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Use your knowledge and skills to push clients, the Client Service team, and the broader agency in the most productive direction
- Take ownership of all accounts within your portfolio, referring upwards when necessary / appropriate
- Build strong and trustworthy client relationships
- Manage the overall budget and profitability of a client
- Participate actively in client meetings and run and control client meetings, e.g., take a central role in discussions on specific issues/materials for which you are responsible
- Communicate overarching client challenges, opportunities and successes to the EVP, Client Services and other functional leads
- Manage the growth and development of supporting Client Service team members
- Brief appropriate agency personnel on assigned projects
- Collaborate with Integrated Agency Teams and lead key initiatives with external partners
- Provide overarching strategic leadership and thought leadership to assigned accounts
- Analyze clients’ marketing plans and advise accordingly
- Plan and conduct desk and field market research on industry news, relevant category trends and target consumer audiences
- Set the vision for the future of the account strategy
- Partner with the Engagement Strategy team in the development of strategic needs and approaches
- Partner with the Engagement Strategy team to plan and develop presentations
- Develop the creative brief for the internal, cross-functional team
- Partner with, and advocate for, the internal cross-functional team in delivering work that is on brief and meets client mandatories/objectives
- Lead brand strategy ideation sessions/brainstorms
- Play a key role presenting pitches for existing and new business
- Work with other members of the agency to prepare responses to RFP’s and other proposals from clients
- Ensure that clients are aware of all the Engine Shop services and capabilities
- Anticipate client needs and identify business opportunities
- Identify key opportunities for client growth
- Add value throughout the creative process, contributing and supporting the agency and clients through organization and advocacy of client feedback for synthesis by cross-department teams
- Brief creative teams in a simple, concise, yet inspiring manner, ensuring, at all times, that they are fully aware of the client’s requirements
- Critique creative work that is in line with the brief, and provide evidence-based opinions
- Ensure the creative output matches the client’s brief and Engine Shop’s standards and compliance requirements
- Challenge client thinking when appropriate and in line with campaign objectives and core creative ideas
- Champion and demonstrate passion for the agency’s creative output
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time, both at a desk and occasionally on an airplane; turn the head and torso, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell; and have full power of speech
- Occasionally may have to exert up to 10-15 pounds of force to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- This position must be based in Atlanta, GA.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401K + company match
- Flex vacation policy
Please Note! Proof of the COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment. Verification of vaccination is required prior to the first day of employment.
ENGINE SHOP IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL AGENCY.
We are looking for great people who are passionate about what they do. People who understand the value of hard work, are willing to get their hands dirty and enjoy the process as much as the result. People who love working on a team. People with a make it happen and get it done attitude. People who, no matter what the level, are creators, thinkers, and doers. No two gears are the same, but they all fit together to make an unstoppable machine here at Engine Shop.
In return, our promise to you is that we will work tirelessly to create opportunities for your professional and personal development while communicating with transparency about the company for which you have chosen to work.
Our people are why Engine Shop has been consistently named a “Best Place to Work” by Ad Age and Event Marketer.
AddressAvondale Estates, GA
BusinessView all jobs at Engine Shop
Get fresh Senior Account Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.