SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 20,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in Reston, VA. We are looking for an experienced Remote Pilot Operator Supervisor to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA).
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day.
To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities. The selected candidate will support training requirements at the Jacksonville En Route Air Traffic Control Center in Hillard, FL.
The RPO Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of Contractor personnel providing RPO support at Jacksonville ARTCC. Provides direction to RPOs, schedules, monitors and oversees daily operations within area of responsibility. Ensures accurate and timely time card completion.
- Candidates for these positions must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least two (2) years of experience in a comparable position.
- Candidates must also demonstrate minimum keyboard speed of forty (40) wpm with ninety (90) percent accuracy, possess an ability to read and interpret materials such as diagrams and manuals, and have the ability to speak clearly and be understood.
- Candidates with direct experience as a RPO at the Jacksonville Center, ZJX, will have priority selection for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA's overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
- Experience working in either the Terminal radar lab or En Route lab.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of the FAAO JO 7110.65.
- Effective team building skills.
- MS Office Suite Proficiency (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.).
- Basic familiarization of current technologic tools (tablets, notebooks, applications, etc.).
- Knowledge of FAA e-LMS.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred but is not required.
- The RPO Supervisor requires certification equivalent to that required of a RPO.
The RPO operates a combination of Cathode Ray Tube (CRT)/keyboard/Voice Communication System (VCS) to simulate the actions and communication of pilots and remote ATC facilities during medium and high-fidelity training exercises. RPOs receive voice commands from students, input proper entries into the automated system to simulate pilot actions, translate displayed information into appropriate ATC terminology, and respond to the student via the VCS utilizing proper phraseology.
Other duties may be assigned to assist and support the training program.
The candidate will be required to complete the following certifications: Classroom (pass test on airspace and procedures) and Lab (perform as a Remote Pilot Operator on all positions).