Supplier Quality Inspector
This is a great opportunity to join a small but well established contract manufacturer in Orlando. The role would suit someone familiar with the defense industry and electro-mechanical manufacturing and will involve source inspection at supplier locations. Extensive travel is required within the continental US. Work is conducted primarily at suppliers’ facilities. Candidates must be US citizens who can obtain a DOD security clearance.
Coordinate and perform FAI/Source Inspection functions including: Quality Audits, evaluations, reviews, improvements and customer collaboration associated with projects and processes. Conduct reviews and inspections at contract manufacturers facilities and initiate appropriate actions. Assist in reviewing QA processes, Work Instructions, Quality Records and Source Inspection instructions. Establish and maintain artifacts for established Quality Assurance processes
Duties & Responsibilities
· Inspections: Perform First Article Inspections (FAI) and Source Inspections at suppliers’ facilities throughout the continental US using reports and data gathered and reviewed beforehand. Report findings and coordinate action items with program team and supplier and customer program management, quality and engineering.
· Supplier Support: Work with supplier program team to effectively resolve all adverse findings and support supplier performance improvement initiatives.
· Follow-up Activities: Effectively coordinate all activities necessary to conclude all inspections and drive resolution of findings to their conclusion.
· Reporting: Submit all necessary updates, reports and metrics to responsible parties in a comprehensive, timely and efficient manner. This includes submission of metrics to QA department for ISO 9001:2008 / AS9100C reviews and audits.
· Risk Assessment/Reporting: Collect and submit information regarding critical issues/potential risks to management in a timely manner. Coordinate efforts and act as directed to mitigate impact of potential risk.
· Quality Audits: Participate in internal, external and customer audits of products and processes to assure compliance to requirements in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 or AS9100C.
· Corrective/Preventative Action System: Participate in the investigation of nonconforming product (field returns, systemic internal nonconformance’s, supplier issues, etc.) to determine root cause and corrective (or preventative) action plans necessary to avoid reoccurrence.
· Supplier Quality Assurance: Execute qualification surveys to ensure that suppliers are qualified to provide the specified product, service or process, as assigned and in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 or AS9100C.
· Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
· Five years of experience Quality Assurance Inspections of mechanical and electro-mechanical parts and assemblies.
· Read and comprehend engineering drawings, specifications, technical documentation and contracts.
· Capable of using related measurement tools (micrometers, coordinate measurement machine (CMM), microscope, digital test equipment, etc., as required).
· Extensive experience in testing processes of mechanical and electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
· Proficient in the Source Inspection and evaluation of hardware and associated contract manufacturing processes and providing daily /weekly reports.
· Familiar with inspection requirements to Mil-Standards and Mil-Specifications
· Experience in Contract Manufacturing Inspection in accordance with IPC-610, IPC-620, J-STD-001; Class 3 & ISO9001 /AS9100C.
· Certified Quality Engineer and ASQ Member is a plus.
· Defense/Aerospace industry experience is a plus.
· Formal certification in performing quality audits (Internal Audits) is a plus.