Senior Accounting Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: Accounting analyst work closely with the accounting department and other financial professionals within an organization to help evaluate an organization's income and spending. This role often requires working collaboratively with others in the organization to provide detailed reports that include projections for profits and losses. The Account analysts provide reports necessary for higher-level decision makers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following with other duties assigned as necessary:
- Plays a lead role in the month end close process making sure that all general ledger activities are completed in a time frame that will allow for the completion of financials in the corporate time frame.
- Ensures the accuracy of general ledger data.
- Identifies systematic problems with respect to general ledger and closing processes and procedures.
- Modifies procedures and practices to increase the accuracy and improve the efficiency of the closing process.
· Month-end close responsibilities to include journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and recommends adjustments to accrued expenses and liabilities.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reports.
- Prepare and distribute actual vs. budget spending report to all departments.
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes weekly scorecard results, cash metrics and any counter measures required.
- Recommends improvements to accounting systems and management reporting.
- Assist Controller in the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Maintain work instructions and personal standard work documentation.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures as applicable.
- Interface with external auditors during quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Supports the controller and assists with the Plant operating budget, capital budget and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Documents finance and accounting policies and procedures and proposes modifications of accounting and financial control procedures to ensure the fiscal integrity of the company.
- Prepares financial analysis for manufacturing departments.
- Prepare and track all product costing estimates for both new and existing product configurations.
- Update standard costs for all inventory items.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Revise the reserve for obsolete inventory as needed.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Report on margins by product and customer.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes.
- Analyze capital budgeting requests.
- Participate in process improvement projects and activities.
- Ensures that all work is done in accordance with and adheres to IEA’s ISO and Quality standards.
- Contributes to the Company’s process improvement efforts and supports IEA’s Six Sigma efforts.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Maximum lifting requirement (pounds): 10 (seldom).
- Maximum moving requirement (pounds): 25 (seldom).
- Maintaining physical condition necessary for the following: Frequent sitting; infrequent standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting upper body, or climbing.
- Working at heights off the ground up to: Not applicable.
- Vision requirements: Close, distance, and peripheral vision; depth perception.
- Work location(s): Office; metal fabrication/assembly shop.
- Exposure to: Fumes, airborne particles, wet/humid (non-weather) conditions, toxic/caustic chemicals, and moving mechanical parts/equipment; inclement weather when in shop areas.
- Personal protective equipment requirement: Safety glasses when in shop areas.
· Key skills, abilities, and knowledge:
o CSI / (Syteline) ERP system skills are a plus.
o High proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
o Experience with creating SQL and/or Power BI reports a plus.
o Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
o The individual must be a clear and concise communicator, work well under pressure, be flexible to adapt to shifting priorities, and possess strong analytical and people skills.
o Meet reporting deadlines, which require identification and resolution of issues on a timely basis and initiative-taking communication with others within and outside of the company.
o The person filling this position must be accessible to and build positive working relationships with all levels of the organization including Sales & Marketing, Operations, and Executive Management.
o Thorough working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
o Ability to interpret contracts and agreements accurately.
o Familiarity with cost accounting concepts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting combined with a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible accounting experience, including at least three (3) years of general ledger accounting experience.
- Master’s degree in Accounting and/or designation as a CPA/CMA strongly preferred.
- Strong ERP knowledge required (CSI / Syteline experience is a plus)
- Possess a high level of competency with Excel.
Starting salary is $75,000, salary is commensurate on experience.
Engendren CorpWhy Work Here?
Strong teamwork, room for growth. Key position to make your mark!
Engendren Corporation manufactures large scale radiators / heat transfer units for large diesel and natural gas engines in need of heat transfer. We are an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) producing large radiators via metal fabrication, welding, heavy assembly with pneumatic hand tools, hoists and cranes. We offer competitive salary and benefits and a challenging and rewarding work atmosphere. Come join the next generation of cool!
9625 55th StKenosha, WI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Engendren Corp