The front desk clerk/receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets patients and visitors in a kind, courteous, and professional manner.
- Coordinates scheduling appointments, while maintaining patient flow.
- Obtains benefit information and approvals/authorizations if necessary.
- Obtains and processes patient referrals as required.
- Verifies medical insurance, as requested.
- Collects applicable co-pays and co-insurance.
- Maintains office forms and approved procedures.
- Compiles and maintains patient files.
- Answers phones and directs calls accordingly.
- Responds to inquiries from employees, the public and patients. Refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or department.
- Answers questions, in person and by telephone.
- Assists with administrative tasks as required.
- Operates office machines as required.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA compliance at all times.
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Computer Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time with the possible option to advance to a full-time position. Possible days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Two years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.