Infrastructure Hardware Systems Architect/Lead
- Posted: over a month ago
Join an ambitious and highly experienced team of silicon and distributed systems experts as our lead hardware systems architect/designer. Our team is motivated by a singular mission: to revolutionize the performance and scalability of next-generation distributed computing infrastructure. You have the opportunity to build a groundbreaking new category of product, working alongside some of the industry's most talented hardware and software engineers to create truly disruptive solutions that delight our customers.
We are looking for talented, motivated engineers with experience in architecting, analyzing, and designing high-performance infrastructure hardware systems, and who are looking to grow in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment. We are looking for a proficient, first-principles driven hardware/board/system engineering practitioner and an experienced hardware/OEM/ODM/data center industry ecosystem veteran who can architect, model, and build highly-capable and cost-optimized systems from concept to production based on a creative understanding of input components and physical constraints.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create reference and production-ready designs for system hardware that incorporates and enables the company’s unique silicon and software products.
- Drive system design choices and architectures for the company’s products that optimize system performance and resiliency while minimizing system cost and power.
- Own the specification, evaluation, and execution of hardware system designs, leveraging either internal or partner ecosystem resources, across all stages: concept, system modeling, system/board design, manufacturing and production release.
- Collaborate with customers and partners to understand and model their infrastructure systems environments and propose designs that meet requirements / priorities
- Provide guidance on chip and product design to enable optimal system design
- Help build the team of technical subject matter experts and specialists to drive successful execution and adoption of our hardware system designs.
The ideal candidate would have full life-cycle experience in defining, developing, deploying, and supporting complex hardware systems in hyperscale datacenter environments.
- Proficient in system board design and understanding/modeling key constraints such as routing, power delivery, signal integrity, thermal design
- Expert knowledge of, and ability to evaluate, system hardware interconnect technologies across all dimensions and attributes: backplane vs cabled, passive vs active, copper vs fiber, short vs long reach, transceiver type, management interfaces, etc.
- Understands rack-level design constraints and requirements for power delivery, thermal management, serviceability, and availability
- Understands key hardware interfaces and protocols (like PCIe, Ethernet, DDR, I2C, SPI) as well as system boot and board management approaches
- Expert knowledge of components and industry designs for server and networking hardware systems
- Existing relationships and negotiation experience within the hardware development and supply chain ecosystem
- BS+ in EE/CE/CS with 10+ years relevant hardware system design experience
- Experience in bringup and lab-based debugging
- Familiarity with system software architecture (firmware, kernel, kernel drivers, userspace drivers, application interfaces, security)
- Familiarity with chip architecture and design
- High-level programming or scripting experience (e.g. C, SystemC, Python)
We are a well-funded startup based in Mountain View, CA, founded by senior technical and business executives hailing from category leaders in infrastructure semiconductors and hyperscale cloud services, and backed by top-tier investors with an immensely successful formula & track record on early-stage investments.
We are a diverse team of expert chip/software/systems architects and developers who excel in hardware/software solution co-design. Our team has built, and delivered into production, technologies that process over half of the world's global data center traffic.
We are impassioned to change the industry status quo with our technical and strategic vision. Join us and help build a game-changing product and company!
Powered by JazzHR
AddressMountain View, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Enfabrica