Energy Support Services is a distributed solar energy management company that manages projects that
range in size from 50kW – 10MW. The assets that ESS manages are a unique blend of system design and
geographic diversity. As a fully owned subsidiary of New Energy Equity (end-to-end solar project
development and management including development, financing, utility interconnection, engineering,
procurement and construction management), ESS gains access and exposure to self-developed and
third-party opportunities nationwide. ESS is seeking an Operations Manager to help us expand and grow
our capabilities as an industry leading Asset Management and O&M Service company.
• Provide technical support and oversight to ESS technician’s daily inspection, maintenance and
repair of solar electric systems.
• Direct field team training and improvement plans
• Lead field and safety team initiatives
• Deploy field resources to respond to service and maintenance needs.
• Oversee 3rd party subcontractors to service our national solar fleet.
• Daily monitoring of system alerts and performance
• Diagnose root cause of monitoring system alerts
• Investigate and identify system performance deficiencies via monitoring platforms.
• Oversee complex/unusual projects as part of client services
• Clearly communicate system performance and alerts to customers
• Review, edit, approve reports and manage delivery to customer
• Update and maintain Asset Management Software compliance and event records.
• Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives, including training schedules, safety
plans, and O&M/Commissioning processes.
• Communicate effectively with internal team and third-party vendors to coordinate and expedite
repairs and warranty claims.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Degree or technical certification in related technical field
highly preferred; NABCEP certified PV Installation Professional highly preferred.
• 4 year minimum experience with demonstrated technical experience in the Solar Operations &
• Position is based at ESS corporate headquarters in Annapolis, MD
• Proficient in Solar Data Acquisition Systems (Also Energy, Locus)
• Proficient in power generation operations and maintenance requirements and execution gained
through hands-on experience in solar power generation and maintaining solar electric systems.
• Assertive enough to give direction and humble enough to take direction.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and ability to interact with host customers, clients
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and schedules simultaneously.
• Able to travel (approx. 10%) and be available during non-traditional working hours – this may
include air travel.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe and Outlook and proven ability to learn new
• Proficient with I/V curve tracing, thermographic analysis, and photovoltaic electrical
troubleshooting and testing methodologies.
• Ability to manage and train other technicians.
• Firm understanding of the various stakeholders involved in a solar electric plant.