Cybersecurity Threat Hunting and Intelligence Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for ensuring the safety of technology platforms inclusive of workstations, server systems, networks, applications, databases and electronic information, and to protect the systems from security violations, access or destruction. Assists with implementing Information Technology security policies covering protocols, applications, networks, client and server systems, personnel and other risk management mechanisms.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
*Actively monitor and investigate (in real-time) the organization’s networks, systems, applications, and databases to protect Oncor internal partners and our customers from security violations, access, or destruction.
*Look beyond pre-configured alerts to discover potential security incidents.
* Conduct advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events.
* Uncover information gaps that can help identify potential threats in the short and long term and recommends security enhancements to management or senior IT staff.
* Research open-source intelligence for known and potential external and insider threats.
Analyze threat information from a variety of internal and external sources.
Act as subject matter expert on existing security technologies by troubleshooting systems to ensure good security posture.
* Ensure incidents are minimized through design, tools and processes.
* Support on-boarding of new security technologies.
* Actively engage and collaborate with other groups within the Digital Grid Management team.
* Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Results-oriented, with a passion to deliver above par results in a proactive manner.
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or other related field is preferred.
* 3 years cybersecurity or information technology experience required.
* 3 years in cybersecurity monitoring working with security tools preferred.
* Advanced understanding of network concepts, protocols, services and operating systems.
* Strong technical understanding of vulnerabilities and how attackers can exploit vulnerabilities to compromise systems.
Energy Services GroupWhy Work Here?
38-years of service in staffing utility projects providing our contractors with great service.
Energy Services Group is a diversified professional/technical staffing term with 38 years experience in power generating and energy transmission/distribution industries. ESG ranks in the top 3% of professional staffing firms in revenue and has placements throughout the United States.