Strategic Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Energy Harbor is a financially secure independent power producer and fully integrated retail energy provider focused on safe and best-in-class operations and financial performance. With its fleet of reliable generating resources, including substantial carbon-free generation, Energy Harbor is well positioned for long-term value creation and competitiveness in a low-carbon future and is focused on enabling a growing customer and stakeholder base to meet their environmental, social and sustainability goals.
Strategic Mechanical Engineering monitors plant systems with walkdowns and trending of key parameters. Responsible to support continued plant equipment reliability by presenting system improvements to the Plant Health Committee for support towards installation online or during a refueling outage. This group is also tasked with providing technical expertise for plant equipment issues on Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Teams.
- Developing engineering solutions in support of plant operation and maintenance for activities in the work management cycle.
- Preparing technical reports and presentations to “protect the management schedule".
- Interacting with other units within engineering for necessary support.
- Managing and completing assigned activities to support timely implementation of required plant operations.
- Working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Performing Emergency Response Organization (ERO) duties as assigned.
- Interfacing with customers to identify needs and provide engineering solutions to facilitate operational effectiveness.
- Performing field walk downs and interfacing with other groups to resolve emergent plant issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Mechanical, Chemical or Reactor Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 5 (five) years engineering experience preferred (Nuclear experience preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make formal technical presentations to various management levels.
- Conduct work assignments with integrity and adherence to high professional standards.
- Demonstrate dependable, steadfast working behaviors while completing quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Ability to work extended hours based on plant needs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. (Software/programming experience preferred)
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At Energy Harbor, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.energyharbor.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. Energy Harbor proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for Energy Harbor and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
Energy Harbor, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Energy Harbor, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?