Rapid Response Mechnical Design Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Energy Harbor at a Glance
Energy Harbor is a financially secure independent power producer and fully integrated retail energy provider focused on safe and best-in-class operations and financial performance. With its fleet of reliable generating resources, including substantial carbon-free generation, Energy Harbor is well positioned for long-term value creation and competitiveness in a low-carbon future and is focused on enabling a growing customer and stakeholder base to meet their environmental, social and sustainability goals.
We are currently looking for engineers of all experience levels to join our existing team. Specific position, level and salary is commensurate with previous experience and qualifications. Opportunities for growth and progression exist, including development opportunities for both technical and leadership paths. Both local and non-local candidates are encouraged to apply, as relocation may be offered.
The Rapid Response Mechanical Design Engineer is the first responder to most day-to-day demands of the Engineering organization. The goal is to provide timely response to the day-to-day emergent needs of Operations and Maintenance, while protecting the core duties of the Plant and Design Engineers.
As a Rapid Response Mechanical Engineer at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant in Perry, Ohio your responsibilities will include:
- First point of contact for engineering support of emergent plant activities.
- Aids in developing troubleshooting and problem-solving plans.
- Perform design and configuration control activities. This typically includes the following:
- Prepare and review mechanical and electromechanical design modifications to the nuclear facility
- Support of leak repair packages for engineering related concerns such as vendor volume calculations, injection material to be used, clamp weight impacts on piping, system operating parameters, etc.
- Prepare and review engineering calculations and specifications
- Prepare and review new / revised drawings
- Prepare and review changes to licensing basis documents as a result of new designs
- Provide technical support for the Maintenance organization when they have exhausted their depth of technical capability:
- Resolve complex technical questions for shop maintenance work (i.e. preventive, corrective, modification installation).
- Resolve complex technical questions and provide input to the content of maintenance procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution required (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Mechanical power plant facilities and / or design experience preferred, but all levels will be considered
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and analytical ability
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to make formal technical presentation
- Ability to deliver quality and accurate work within established deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervisory involvement
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all employees at Energy Harbor
- Skilled to deliver quality and accurate work within established deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make formal technical presentations to various management levels
- Ability to work extended hours, shift schedules and perform on-call duties when necessary
- Must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At Energy Harbor, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, flexible work schedules, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.energyharbor.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. Energy Harbor proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
SafetySafety is a core value for Energy Harbor and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards
Energy Harbor, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Energy Harbor, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?