- Posted: over a month ago
Energy Harbor is a financially secure independent power producer and fully integrated retail energy provider focused on safe and best-in-class operations and financial performance. With its fleet of reliable generating resources, including substantial carbon-free generation, Energy Harbor is well positioned for long-term value creation and competitiveness in a low-carbon future and is focused on enabling a growing customer and stakeholder base to meet their environmental, social and sustainability goals.
We are hiring a Environmental Specialist to join our team at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant, reporting to the Chemistry Superintendent, this position is responsible for implementing environmental programs within the operating company and for providing guidance and support to company personnel in complying with environmental regulatory requirements and corporate environmental policy.
This role is responsible for sampling, analyzing and treating plant systems, environmental systems, and liquid effluents. Responsible for implementing various plant chemistry programs and reporting required by government regulations, Company policies, and industry best practices. Responsible for data capture and recording of plant chemistry parameters to trend conditions and advise operating crews of optimal plant status.
- Ensure that environmental programs are implemented in a manner that complies with federal, state and local regulations and corporate policy.
- Disseminate information on environmental incidents, regulatory agency inspections, and developing local environmental issues in a timely manner.
- Develop and update local procedures to reflect current environmental requirements.
- Respond to, and follow up on, releases of oils and hazard substances in a timely manner.
- Review and update site-specific spill prevention and emergency response plans.
- Maintain environmental records and files.
- Provide assistance during emergencies and storm-related activities.
- Support the preparation of permit packages, regulatory reports and submittals.
- Assess project needs and procure services from outside consultants, as needed, to ensure project delivery.
- Review and provide comment on reports, studies, and recommendations prepared by outside consultants.
- Provide guidance to the implementation of regulatory requirements and communicate information in a timely manner.
- Use computers and related internal corporate programs and systems to store, process, and analyze data.
Requirements/Qualifications at the Nuclear Specialist Level include:
- Bachelor's degree required; focus in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Management or Law preferred
- Previous professional experience involving environmental programs preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, problem-solving and teamwork skills. Strong knowledge of environmental laws, requirements and issues
- Strong commitment to working safely and positively contributing to a strong safety culture
- Demonstrated proficiency and ability to independently solve complex scientific or technical problems in
- Ability to prepare reports and deliver presentations Strong written and oral communication skills Ability to plan, analyze and schedule activities.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively with all levels of plant management
- Must be able to exhibit high integrity, manage stress, build rapport and serve with a controlled demeanor.
- Should possess sound judgment and sensitivity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At Energy Harbor, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.energyharbor.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. Energy Harbor proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for Energy Harbor and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their coworkers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
Energy Harbor, LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Energy Harbor, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?