Design Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Energy Harbor at a Glance
Energy Harbor is a financially secure independent power producer and fully integrated retail energy provider focused on safe and best-in-class operations and financial performance. With its fleet of reliable generating resources, including substantial carbon-free generation, Energy Harbor is well positioned for long-term value creation and competitiveness in a low-carbon future and is focused on enabling a growing customer and stakeholder base to meet their environmental, social and sustainability goals.
About the Opportunity
We are hiring Mechanical Engineers at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant in Perry, OH. The responsibilities of this position include performing mechanical engineering tasks such as preparing plant design modifications, calculations, specifications, and other engineering products which ensure compliance with the design and licensing basis, under general supervision, to support safe plant operations. Assure all engineering analysis and recommendations are prepared in accordance with site procedures, safety analyses, regulatory requirements, and industry standards by applying sound mechanical engineering fundamentals.
We are currently looking for engineers of all experience levels to join our existing team. Specific position, level and salary is commensurate with previous experience and qualifications. Opportunities for growth and progression exist, including development opportunities for both technical and leadership paths. Both local and non-local candidates are encouraged to apply, as relocation may be offered.
- Preparing modifications and maintaining mechanical calculations up to date.
- Assisting in the development of solutions to engineering technical issues in support of plant operation and maintenance
- Providing technical expertise in both long-term equipment reliability and improvement initiatives, as well as provide day-to-day technical support
- Developing solutions to complex problems, assisting in both long-term and short-term strategies.
- Develop timely solutions to engineering technical issues in support of plant operation and maintenance consistent with design requirements.
- Ensuring changes to the design requirements are identified, documented, controlled, evaluated, and approved.
- Supporting problem identification and resolution using the Corrective Action Program.
- Managing and completing assigned activities to support timely implementation for required plant operations.
- Maintaining the plant design and licensing basis complying with industry standards and regulations.
- Preparing technical reports and presentations.
- Performing assigned duties as a member of the Emergency Response Organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Both experienced and entry-level engineers will be considered
- Fundamentals of Engineering [FE] certificate is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make formal technical presentations to various management levels.
- Conduct work assignments with integrity and adherence to high professional standards
- Demonstrate dependable, steadfast working behaviors while completing quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Ability to work odd and extended hours based on plant needs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. (Software/programming experience preferred
- Must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At Energy Harbor, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, flexible work schedules, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.energyharbor.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. Energy Harbor proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for Energy Harbor and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
Energy Harbor, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Energy Harbor, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?