Business Analyst, Nuclear Business Service Group
- Posted: over a month ago
Energy Harbor at a Glance
Energy Harbor is a financially secure independent power producer and fully integrated retail energy provider focused on safe and best-in-class operations and financial performance. With its fleet of reliable generating resources, including substantial carbon-free generation, Energy Harbor is well positioned for long-term value creation and competitiveness in a low-carbon future and is focused on enabling a growing customer and stakeholder base to meet their environmental, social and sustainability goals.
We are looking to add an experienced Business Analyst to join our Nuclear Business Services team at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant in Perry, Ohio.
In this position the Business Analyst has three primary roles:
- Financial reporting and forecasting
- Site budget development and management
- Ongoing financial support for Site leadership and Department personnel.
This position is a key role for the continued support of accurate and timely financial reporting and analyses at Perry. It includes being a trusted financial advisor to Site leadership and Department personnel through insightful information, thorough analyses, and superior customer service. Thought leadership and innovative ideas are encouraged with a focus on continuous improvement on systems, processes, and reporting to continually improve the products we deliver.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Financial reporting, analyses, and support:
- Preparing monthly financial reports. Reporting includes insightful and meaningful variance analyses that enables the groups to effectively manage their respective budgets.
- Preparing monthly financial forecast reports by working with Site budget coordinators.
- During refuel outages, preparing daily and weekly expense, capital, and manpower reporting per established report templates. Presenting financial updates to Site Leadership and others.
- Supporting Site personnel in preparing monthly accruals and Journal Entries.
- Facilitating development of the Site’s annual operating expense and capital budgets.
- Providing guidance on expense vs capital determination according to EH’s fixed asset policy.
- Reviewing, approving and processing purchase requisitions, vendor invoices, Task Authorizations and Vouchers. Providing reporting/updates as requested.
- Establishing and maintaining clear communication with the key stakeholders to accurately capture financial data and to effectively address issues pertaining to the budget
- Leading/participating in Site-level financial review meetings and provide relevant data and analyses
- Providing a high-level of customer service and continuous support to leadership, internal customers, and peers.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university/college and a minimum of 4 years of relevant business experience
- Familiar with Enterprise-wide financial systems such as SAP and QlikView reporting is preferred
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ideal candidate will possess a solid financial acumen and the ability to communicate complex financial topics in a clear, concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of nuclear and financial professionals
- Excellent analytical skills and superior written and oral communication skills.
- Possess a questioning attitude, ability to learn and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Superior time management skills
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At Energy Harbor, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.energyharbor.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. Energy Harbor proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for Energy Harbor and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
Energy Harbor, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Energy Harbor, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?