Director Mechanical Engineer
- Over a month ago
- $209,100 to $250,100 Yearly
"EnerVenue is building the batteries we need for grid-scale storage." - Forbes
Launched in 2020 and now backed by $125,000,000 in Series A funding, we are quickly scaling our unique (but well-proven) grid-scale batteries for the world's clean energy present and future. Our metal hydrogen batteries advance technology that has, until now, only been used in aerospace applications like the Hubble Space Telescope and International Space Station. EnerVenue's technology brings game-changing differentiation to the stationary energy storage sector: unique durability, flexibility, safety, with cradle-to-cradle environmental and full local supply chain capabilities. Come join the clean energy revolution as part of a category-defining company.
With funding and new deals with energy companies like Schlumberger, we want you to join our expanding team to build a Gigafactory and put our technology to work for customers and partners across the world. Now is the time to join EnerVenue.
We're excited to hear from you. It's an exciting time for clean energy, and an especially exciting moment to join us at EnerVenue.
EnerVenue is looking for a Director of Mechanical Engineering to join our growing start-up company. You will be responsible for leading the efforts of designing, certifying and manufacturing mechanical aspects of battery pack and battery system design for advanced energy storage applications. We offer competitive compensation, friendly atmosphere, and more!
- Lead mechanical engineering group and oversee the product development process from concept generation through production release.
- Develop robust new product development process with detailed requirements for cross functional organization
- Develop products, including low-cost enclosures for energy storage systems, with high safety, long service life, excellent reliability and manufacturability.
- Work with manufacturing engineering/design group to optimize products for effective manufacturing.
- Collaborate with supply management and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new energy storage platform.
- Collaborate with Product Manager on cost modeling and evaluate risk to guide engineering group and maximize resource efficiency
- Collaborate with Product Manager on new product offerings targeting specific markets
- Conduct failure mode analysis to identify root causes and generate novel solutions.
- Oversee and conduct system testing and data analysis to validate system performance and technical specifications
- Oversee certification efforts of the final product
- Bachelors or Master's in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in the design, development, and qualification of energy storage systems and 5+ years of technical team leadership
- Significant experience with battery pack design and proven track record of product development.
- Proficiency using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks or similar, including fabrication drawings using appropriate material specifications and tolerances.
- Extensive experience with various modes of heat transfer and thermal management materials and techniques.
- Experience in designing and executing mechanical tests relevant to energy storage applications
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and experience in Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Working knowledge of cost and feasibility for manufacturing processes such as laser welding, TIG welding, sheet metal fabrication, machining, laser cutting, waterjet cutting and injection molding.
- Practical knowledge and experience related to pressure vessels and related regulatory compliance is a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with suppliers, partners, vendors, and colleagues.
- Strong written and oral communication.
$209,100 – $250,100
EnerVenue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed (religion), gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For US geography, (not Bay Area specific) The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs, market demand and competitive market practice. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
ManufacturingView all jobs at EnerVenue
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?