EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Motive Power applications, which include industrial lift trucks and pallet jacks, rail equipment, mining equipment, and airline ground support equipment. Some of the motive power brands include Hawker, Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm. Wherever there is a need for motive power, EnerSys offers the perfect energy solution.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required
- One year of experience at a manufacturing facility, distribution center, or equivalent military experience required
- Demonstrated regular attendance
- Be able to:
- Work any shift plus overtime
- Work any production position and shift
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Wear a respirator
- Work with lead and lead products
- Battery manufacturing experience
- Stable work history with regular attendance
- Hard work, dependable andteam oriented
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Start-up and operate equipment
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment as necessary
- Understand and follow all department instructions and procedures
- Visually inspect material for defects
- Control scrap
- Must be able to count and record production as necessary
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleanliness procedures
- Follow all ISO, environmental, and safety procedures
- Perform mechanical works using hand/power tools to construct and manufacture products
- Pack and secure materials for transport
- Working as part of a production team, operate efficiently and effectively to ensure production targets are met, liaise with maintenance of any machine issues to ensure machine downtime is kept to a minimum
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V