Senior IT Support Engineer
Ener Systems Covington, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
When was the last time you truly enjoyed going to work? It is an ideal time to join our highly talented and growing team. We are looking for individuals that have a strong desire to learn as well as outstanding customer service skills. We put great focus on training as well as earning new industry certifications.
About Ener Systems:
Ener Systems is a twenty-two year young outsourced IT company based out of Covington, LA. We have one simple goal: to provide the same kind of IT solutions expected by large-scale corporations to small and mid-sized businesses. How do we do this? We deliver real business value – getting to know your business, implementing best practices, proactively managing your technology, and aligning your technology investment with your business goals to truly boost your bottom line.
We understand the importance of fixing issues quickly, however, we believe it’s more important to prevent those issues from occurring in the first place – and that’s where our proactive approach comes in: we stay proactive and strive to help you think of your IT as a strategic advantage as opposed to another necessary expense.
Benefits of Working at Ener Systems:
· The stability of a twenty-year-old company with the growth, excitement, and career potential of a startup
· Work with cutting edge technology everyday
· A strong focus on your industry training and certification including company paid for education and exams
· A team of highly motivated, extremely talented, fun and friendly engineers
· Competitive salary and benefits
· A place where ambition, loyalty, and exceptional performance will be noticed and rewarded
· A clear company vision and mission
Are you ambitious, organized, and solution-focused? We are a fast-growing IT Support company in need of an experienced Senior Support Engineer to join our team in providing exceptional IT services to small and medium-sized businesses throughout the Greater New Orleans area. Our Senior Support Engineers work on all level reactive tickets. The Senior Support Engineers possess a broad range of both technical and business skills, as well as the ability to switch task between different priorities. Our Senior Support Engineers work closely with our clients and other internal resources to provide best in class IT services, therefore excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work directly with clients to provide reactive technical support
· Incident escalation, especially for complex network issues
· Work with the Service Manager to identify trends and underlying technology issues impacting tickets per endpoint (TPE)
· Collaborate with team and Service Manager to assess process improvement opportunities, assess tools, etc. to improve Support operations
· Keep manager informed of issues that may impact the organization
· Provide leadership in tone, actions, and execution
· Experience administrating Microsoft Windows Server; Active Directory Management, Group Policy Administration, Implementing Server Roles.
· Experience administrating Microsoft Exchange including email account creation, distribution list management, and other basic administrative tasks
· An in-depth understanding of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, and RADIUS
· Hands on experience with virus, spyware, and malware removal
· Network troubleshooting skills
· Experience installing and supporting Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience implementing and supporting VPN client technology.
· A general understanding of server virtualization technologies.
· Proven ability to set and manage client expectations
· Exceptional customer service and communication skills
· The ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
· Attention to detail and strong desire to learn
Preferred Technical Experience:
· Experience supporting networks for small to mid-sized businesses
· MAC experience
· SonicWALL Firewalls
· Business Class Wireless Solutions
· Microsoft Exchange, including hosted and O365
· Microsoft SQL
· Backup, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity
· Remote desktop services; Citrix/Microsoft
· VPN solutions
· Hyper-V, VMWare
· Layer-3 Networking
If this describes you and what you are looking for in a career opportunity with a rapidly growing company, we want to hear from you! We are the last stop on your long search for a stable environment.
Ener SystemsWhy Work Here?
Continually learning making it easy to train our employees and help them develop their careers. Lunch provided everyday!
TechnologyView all jobs at Ener Systems