Get to know are client
Do you want to work for a US bank that values putting their customers first? Do you believe that responsibility, respect, citizenship, and partnership build a winning culture? If yes, then Loan Underwriter position is for you.
In this role you will underwrite and assess credit quality of residential mortgage loan requests in accordance with credit policies and/or investor guidelines. You will also perform review and analysis of multiple documents including applications, credit reports, investor findings (i.e. Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter, DU), and in-depth review of property valuation. Then render final decision on pipeline of loans and recommend decisions on loans that exceed authority.
Day to Day:
· Maintain acceptable level of quality for all loan files.
· Accountable for the quality of loan files and supporting documentation.
· Ensure loans are within product guidelines, and that the loan was approved with proper signoff.
· Efficiently manage pipeline of loans, including follow-up to ensure timely decisioning of loans.
· Review declined loan files for exceptions.
· Make business case and present exception requests (if warranted) to management.
· Stay up to date on workflow, procedures, and review processes and recommend efficiencies.
· Maintain strong working knowledge of loan origination software.
· Monitor compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
· Ensure accuracy of HMDA data for reporting.
· Stay abreast of bank and industry requirements.
· Work closely with partners (Mortgage Banking Officers, Processors, etc.).
· Review income and asset documentation, customer identification information, OFAC review, title verification, fraud review, and collateral review
· Respond to routine and complex customer inquiries, interpret questions/requests and ensure proper resolution.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
· 2-4 years of underwriting experience
· Experience and understanding of loan origination software
· Have a strong understanding of credit policies and investor guidelines.
· Strong tech skills
· Communication skills (verbal and written)
· Strong analytical and decision making/problem solving skills
· Possess a keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to handle a high-volume workload
· Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Ability to work well in pressure situations
Why Work Here?
Think new. Think big. Think Quick.