Sr. Cisco Network Engineer
- Posted: August 08, 2022
Sr. Cisco Network Engineer - Onsite
This position provides advanced-level design, implementation, and operations for LAN/WAN/Internet networking infrastructure. It will play a major role in establishing the technology strategy and roadmap for communications platforms in the Cisco/Arista/VMWare Data Center and Cloud environments. The Network Engineer will work with various leading technologies and business units to achieve reliable delivery of content and streaming media over LAN/WAN/SDWAN and Internet/Extranet infrastructure. The Network Engineer will enforce policies and procedures to ensure consistent and reliable system uptime, and any regulatory compliance that supports IT Service Delivery. This individual must be able to effectively interact and communicate with the business leadership to ensure the technology solution aligns to the business goals. It will require excellent customer service, and the ability to become a technology leader for various business functions and technology groups.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
1. Function as a high-level technical resource and operates in concert with other IT Analysts and Engineers in the support of the IT Service Management Strategy including the planning, design, and integration of Service Delivery systems.
2. Provides strategic input to ensure Service Delivery and operational capacity meets current and future requirements.
3. Develops the methodologies for system analysis, integration, installation and support.
4. Contributes technical knowledge and experience around design and implementation of Enterprise-grade IT platforms and Domestic and International Branch office systems.
5. Design Systems for, and create Operating procedures for the organizations ISP/WAN/MAN/LAN routers and switches, including SDWAN technologies and Virtual Private Network devices.
6. Design, implement and manage the various test, development and secure network enclaves per industry standards and best practices.
7. Interface and collaborate with various Telecom Carriers and Internet Service Providers to ensure successful implementation and operation of LAN/WAN technologies, protocols and provisioning.
8. Leads the evaluation of vendor products for future purchase. Performs analysis of vendor products to determine best fit for company needs and assists in the presentation of information to management for purchase decisions. Participate in vendor meetings/relationships and RFP preparation.
9. Train and mentor TOC Technician(s) and other entry- or junior-level support personnel; assist in determining individual training needs and discerning problematic trends that may require special projects or procedural changes to correct.
10. Evaluate, test and recommend software, hardware and diagnostic tools (R&D).
11. Create and modify Network Configuration documentation and procedures in accordance with approved Engineering Standards.
12. Participate in and conduct business analysis for various IT projects, as assigned or determined.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA's):
1. B.S. Engineering or related degree, or 10-12 years of design experience preferred.
2. CCIE or equivalent experience and skill
3. Expert knowledge of networking protocols
4. Demonstrated expert level troubleshooting and analytical skills
5. Demonstrated expertise and practical experience with routers, switches and other network equipment
6. Experienced with network management software and packet analysis tools
7. Experience with working in Data Centers, Co-location or with Cloud Hosting Providers.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of current and developing technologies and ability to analyze technology for use in current environment
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact effectively will all levels within the organization
10. Ability to lead and manage complex technical projects from start to completion
11. Strong leadership abilities with excellent organizational and time management skills
12. Must be available to respond after normal business hours to affect incident resolution
ITIL Foundations v3, CCDA or CCNA, required VCP, CCNP or Advancement toward CCIE desired
Endurance IT Services
TechnologyView all jobs at Endurance IT Services