- Expired: December 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Endura Products, Inc. is proud to be a U.S. American-Made manufacturer of components for entry door systems that enhance performance, save time, eliminate service calls and cut costs, delivering a smarter door experience for everyone, every time. Our company is built on innovation, delivering the highest levels of component performance as our standard. We pride ourselves on offering solutions that lead the industry in performance and quality and are always working to make doors work not just better, but smarter. Endura Products is headquartered in Colfax, NC, with facilities in NC, OR, TX and TN, and distributes products throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We are searching for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for our Prineville, OR location.
- Provides essential support for departmental functions that include a wide range of activities and initiatives focused on continuous improvements across varying departments.
- Must have a safety-first mindset.
- Troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment, assisting manufacturing with machine repairs and machine related production issues.
- Become familiar with existing manufacturing processes and be able to identify areas of process improvement.
- Evaluate established production rates as well as setting standards for new processes.
- Utilizing lean tools and principles to eliminate waste and to drive improvements in set-up reductions, increased cycle times, capacity improvements, etc.
- Evaluation of new manufacturing practices and methods to improve in plant operations.
- Facilitate the design, purchase, and implementation of machinery and equipment for manufacturing processes, as well as coordinate projects and improvements with Operations.
- Responsibilities of project start up include ensuring equipment and processes are safe and operations personnel have been well trained.
- Using management skills, establish relationships with vendors to keep equipment updated and current with latest technology, upgrades, and improvements.
- Evaluate the need for machine/process upgrades that initiate cost savings/lost time opportunities. Identifying waste in the process.
- Participate in the Implementation of Standard Work in assigned improvement area.
- Participate in kaizen improvement events.
- Networking within and outside of assigned areas. Identify experts.
- Experience supervising small team of Technicians/Engineers
- Comfortable setting and holding accountability of team
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience working in and improvement role in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Time management skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Manage a portfolio of projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality.
- Must have critical thinking and listening skills.
- Familiarity with industrial controls:
- Familiarity with PLC Integration and support (Allen Bradley)
- Safety control systems (Safety components, circuits, and PLC based safety systems)
- General controls troubleshooting using wiring diagrams.
Endura Products Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Endura is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
ManufacturingView all jobs at Endura