Director of Business Development, Endless Studios
- Posted: over a month ago
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Although we are headquartered in the U.S., we operate as a globally distributed team and are open to the Director of Business Development being based anywhere, provided you are open to traveling as is reasonably required to collaborate in person with others from the team.
About Endless Studios:
Endless Studios is a youth-centered studio where the next generation of creators apprentice with professionals to create worlds and develop games for an ever-expanding metaverse where you can make anything and mod everything.
Inspired by the collective culture of open source software communities and the creative culture of game modding communities, Endless Studios will operate as a globally distributed, massively open game making studio and learning community
About the Position:
We are seeking a business development executive who has the instincts and experience to help build brand awareness through channel partnerships and establish distribution channels for the Company’s services with educational institutions, corporate sponsors, government entities, philanthropic organizations, and other stakeholders who seek to empower the next generation of creators to thrive in a rapidly changing, globally connected world.
The Director of Business Development will also build partnerships with globally recognized IP holders to enable our youth creators to engage with these properties through creation, modding and remixing; and lead our efforts to find distribution and monetization opportunities for the games created within our collaborative community so our participants can “learn to earn.”
We are looking for someone who can articulate an inspiring vision to these partner,; manage a channel building strategy, and funnel feedback from these partnerships to inform an iterative product development process that is highly responsive to the community.
The Director of Business Development should have strong project management skills and a track record of leading and growing a team. We highly value documenting, presenting, sharing and iterating to help develop and optimize our approach; and to drive consensus across all levels of the organization.
- Formulate and implement a distribution strategy to drive growth and profitability;
- Develop programmatic partnerships that can be scaled or replicated across similar contexts to achieve scale;
- Forge partnerships with with globally recognized IP holders to enable our community to engage with these properties during the creation process;
- Develop distribution and monetization opportunities for community-created content;
- Develop partnerships to enable recognition opportunities for our creators;
- Develop partnerships that enable meaningful employment opportunities for our creators;
- Negotiate deals and agreements to support these partnerships;
- Build a team of talented business development professionals over time to develop and execute these strategies.
Desired Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of demonstrated career progression and strong performance in roles of increasing responsibility with relevant industry experience, which may include leading consumer brands, digital platforms, innovative educational services, consumer services, entertainment streaming services, consumer-centric subscription models, and/or gaming;
- Experience developing a channel distribution or sales strategy for a product of service;
- Track record of closing meaningful deals and growing the relationship with these partners over time;
- Prior success at leading a team and developing people;
- Passion for education, youth culture, gaming;
- Excellent communicator in both verbal/written skills who knows how to craft a narrative;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably within business, marketing or a related discipline.
Endless Studios Background
Endless Studios was established as an independent venture in the fall of 2021 by E-Line Media and Endless Network to harness the power of games to help the next generation of creators understand and shape their world.
Endless Studios brings together the leadership teams and innovative platforms these organizations have collaborated to create including The Endless Mission (www.theendlessmission.com), a community-driven creation sandbox game where you can you can make anything and mod everything, and Terminal Two (www.terminaltwo.com), a game-based learning platform where players learn the fundamentals of coding and computational thinking through a diverse collection of games where hacking is a key mechanic.
Across the planet we spend billions of hours a week playing video games. E-Line is a video game developer and publisher dedicated to helping make this incredible investment of time and energy both fun and meaningful. E-Line was founded over a decade ago to develop games that catalyze curiosity, explore meaningful themes, and provide gateways to new perspectives and interests. Our consumer games with meaningful themes (e.g. Never Alone, Beyond Blue) and our game-based learning platforms (e.g. Gamestar Mechanic, MinecraftEDU) have reached a global audience of over 10 million players across channels and been used by over 15,000 schools and after-school programs.
E-Line is globally recognized as a pioneer in the games and impact sector. The company is regularly featured at gaming conferences, educational forums, and other global convenings. E-Line has also been a key driver of a number of high-profile impact game initiatives, including the National STEM Video Game Challenge (launched at the White House by President Obama), the Games and Learning Publishing Council (funded by the Gates Foundation) and the ASU Center for Games and Impact.
E-Line is a double-bottom-line, for-profit enterprise whose investors seek market-level financial returns and positive social impact.
About Endless Network
Endless Network is a global network of companies, foundations, non-profits, technologists, and advocates who want to unlock human potential through technology. We are dedicated to empowering the next generation to succeed in the digital economy. We work to transform the lives of kids and young adults by expanding access to technology and information; and by helping them develop 21st century skills.
We believe kids can have fun and learn at the same time. Creating immersive games that teach real coding concepts will help our communities prepare more youth for STEAM careers of the future and equip teachers and parents with reliable tools to keep their students engaged and motivated.
At Endless Network, we not only create epic coding games that kids love, we also partner with organizations that advocate for digital literacy, work to equip youth with tech skills, and promote careers in the new economy.
Endless Studios is is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Endless Studios