Associate Director, Student Transitions & Family Programs
- Posted: over a month ago
Endicott College is seeking an Associate Director, Student Transitions & Family Programs
Reporting to the Director of Student Transitions and Family Programs – the Associate Director will have direct oversight of the college on-board and orientation experience, working to integrate this entry point with intentionally structured and deeply collaborative first- and second-year programming. In addition, this position will work to support overall retention efforts throughout the year collaborating with the Director on high-impact academic and co-curricular experiences aimed at enhancing belongings and engagement within the college.
This is a full-time, benefitted, 12-month position. Endicott offers health, dental, and tuition benefits for you and your family along with a retirement plan with employer contributions! We are located approximately 20 miles north of Boston and parking is free. We are also accessible by commuter rail on the Newburyport/Rockport line. Come and explore Endicott’s seaside locale where employees are an important part of the bustling campus community!
New Student & Family Orientation
- Collaborate with campus partners to plan and implement New Student Orientation and related activities, ensuring comprehensive and successful on-boarding
- Assist in developing and implementing all orientation programs; assist in the hiring, training, assessing, and supervision of the Orientation student staff
- In collaboration with the director, manage all family programs; develop and implement a comprehensive family engagement plan which includes programming and communication using multiple modalities; create and follow a progressive master plan of strategic involvement of parents and families
- Provides leadership and oversight of programmatic initiatives which provide parents and families the knowledge and tools to actively and appropriately support their student’s success
- Direct the content, development, implementation, management and assessment of Online Orientation courses and platforms serving all new students, including customized content for unique populations of students
- Serve as the liaison and first point of contact for all current students' parents and family members
Transition & Retention Programs
- Organize and promote developmentally appropriate self-discovery experiences for first- and second-year students focusing on academics, careers and personal development
- Collaborate with the Director and other departments on campus on social media efforts for the department. This includes executing a coordinated plan and regular engagement across multiple platforms that use student voices, student stories and reinforces programmatic goals of the department
- Develop and manage a strategic plan for a student social media arm of the department that would employ students to regularly create content and engage with peers in ways that represent the student experience. This collaborative effort would include regular work with Communication and Marketing
- Assist the Director in coordinating all divisional assessment initiatives. This includes providing leadership for annual reporting, coordination and expertise in designing, implementing, and interpreting assessment projects related to student development, learning outcomes, and educational programming/services student success and retention for offices within the Division of Student Life
- Serve on any other departmental and campus-wide committees as requested or assigned
- Attend Student Affairs meetings, trainings, and initiatives. Assist in day-to-day operations of the Student Affairs Office. Serve on the administrator on-call rotation, responding to campus emergencies as needed
- Five to seven years’ experience with and broad knowledge in student development theory, issues, and trends in the field, including a working knowledge of best practices in student affairs.
- Demonstrated ability in assessment of student services and use of assessment results to make changes that improves the delivery of services and programs for students.
- Experience in student programming, advising student groups along with negotiating and executing contracts with agencies and entertainers.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, character & growth.
- Proficient with editing and design student publications and advertisement along with the ability to develop and implement marketing plans for programs and activities.
- Excellent computer skills
- Willingness to work occasional staggered schedules, including nights and weekends
- Demonstrated success working in a high traffic, fast-paced environment
Endicott College is a Baccalaureate, Master and Doctoral degree granting institution located on the North Shore of Massachusetts. Endicott is a welcoming community with engaged staff, faculty and students, a beautiful campus, and great employee benefits. Endicott celebrates diversity and strives to bring a mix of talented people—representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills—together to do their best work. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We look forward to hearing from you!
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Endicott College