Laboratory Technician - DNA Testing
- Posted: over a month ago
- $31,200 to $40,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Endeavor DNA Laboratories seeks a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Laboratory Technician for DNA testing. This is a full time, entry level position. We offer a competitive hourly rate and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, and paid time off. Applicants must be able to work 1pm-10pm Monday - Friday. If you have a keen attention to detail and have a desire to work for a fast-paced, growing company, please send us your resume today!
A bachelors degree in a natural, physical, or forensic science is required along with successful completion of college level coursework in biochemistry, genetics, and molecular biology.
The work of a Laboratory Technician involves the scientific examination and testing of human DNA specimens. A Laboratory Technician is responsible for the daily testing of DNA samples by employing scientifically validated DNA testing methods. Previous hands-on experience with serological techniques, nucleic acid extraction, PCR amplification, capillary electrophoresis, and STR analysis is a plus.
• Accurately performs DNA extraction, PCR amplification, and reporting of results using validated methods per standard operating procedures
• Conducts serological screening for the presence of biological fluids using validated methods per standard operating procedures
• Maintains complete documentation and strict chain of custody to preserve the integrity of samples in all cases
• Engage in continuous process improvement
• Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure laboratory safety and accuracy of results
• Participation in continuing education programs
• Works under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager
• Maintains a clean work environment
• Maintains productivity as required by the Laboratory Manager
• Maintains competency through performance evaluations and successful completion of proficiency tests
Environmental and Physical Requirements
• Requires work with laboratory chemicals and various biological fluids
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. and sit or stand for long periods
• Must have manual dexterity sufficient to conduct laboratory tasks as determined by the Laboratory Manager
• Must have strong organizational skills
All Candidates Must Be Able To:
• Communicate effectively and manage multiple tasks efficiently
• Approach problem solving in a logical, unbiased, and methodical manner
• Provide a DNA sample to be maintained by the Laboratory for quality assurance purposes.
• Use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) with intermediate proficiency
• Work well in a team, and independently
Endeavor DNA Inc
6955 N Mesa SteetEl Paso, TX
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?