Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
The assistant is a skilled, technical worker who performs physical therapy treatments and related duties as assigned by the therapist.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited school for Physical Therapist Assistants.
EXPERIENCE: None required.
REGISTERED: Licensure by the Board of Physical Therapy in applicable State.
Stands, turns, bends, stoops, lifts, climbs, and uses a great majority of physical motion in performing day to day activities of work. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and do a great deal of walking without experiencing extreme fatigue. Lifting and carrying equipment supplies, and materials up to 50lbs. without help; over 50lbs. with the help of mechanical devices or other personnel. Operation of electrical equipment.
1. Supervises Rehab Technicians.
2. Treats patients after the evaluation has been performed by a Registered Physical Therapist.
3. Participates in in-service training for clinical staff.
4. Consult with the physical therapist regarding the patients progress and plan of care.
5. Interacts with other departments involved with individual patients regarding patient's progress.
1. Adheres to the code of ethics of the APTA.
2. Reports to the staff Physical Therapists/Clinical Director concerning Physical Therapy matters.
3. Carries out the physical therapy procedures according to the Plan of Care of the Registered Physical Therapist.
4. Covers instructions for home treatment programs through consultation with the Registered Physical Therapist.
5. Maintains proper equipment and supplies which might benefit the patient.
6. Maintains proper attitude of encouragement toward the patient without giving false hope.
7. Counsels patient and/or family on special problems with advice from the Registered Physical Therapist.
8. Helps the patient become physically, emotionally, and socially independent.
9. Utilizes proper procedures which will be in keeping with good patient care, but reasonable in expense to the department, such as supplies, equipment, linens, and time usage.
10. Submit in writing to the Registered Physical Therapist/Supervisor on duty, any recorded incident or accident with patient or employee as it occurs.
11. Documents on all patients' treatments received according to the policies and procedures of the physical therapy department.
SOURCE OF WORKERS: From schools and from classified ads in professional publications.
SUPERVISED BY: Staff Therapist and Clinic Director.
WORKERS SUPERVISED: Technicians/aids and students.
Title: Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant
Location: Ocean Springs, MS