Inside Sales Coordinator
Encore Fire Protection Middletown, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an Inside Sales Representative to join our team that will be focusing on our Test and Inspection department. Don't know anything about fire protection? That's OK. Prior fire protection experience helps, but it is not a prerequisite for this position. More important than system specific knowledge is a willingness to learn, a commitment to working hard, and a compulsion to want to crush it! The people that do best in this position are outgoing with often called out for their ability to get along with just about everyone. They have the confidence to lead a conversation but the compassion to know when to sit back and listen. They enjoy working at faster than average pace and don't get rattled when priorities change; if anything they become more cool under pressure. If this sounds like you, then we may just have the opportunity you've been looking for:
We should tell you upfront, that is not your typical inside sales role. You will be paired with an outside sales executive. And you will be expected to spend time in the office working with internal resources to accurately quote, develop proposals, and communicate with customers (on the phone and over email), but the similarities end there.
That will account for about 70% of your time. The rest of the time you will be encouraged to get out of the office to meet customers face to face, build rapport, and survey life safety equipment so that you can effectively quote and sell contracts. Your externals sales partner will be responsible for training you on the system technicalities (alarm or sprinkler) but you will not be tied to their sales results. You won't be their cold caller, meeting maker, or proposal generator. You will be a valued member of our team that is measured against your own activity metrics and sales goals.
You do not have to know anything about alarm or sprinkler systems to excel in this position. As long as you are ready and able to do the following you can be wildly successful in this role:
- We are prepared to teach you everything you need to know about alarm and sprinkler systems but you must be ready to commit to learning. This can be a hard pill to swallow for the naturally competitive person who is driven to want to produce out of the gates, we know that, and so we want to be upfront about it.
- You must have some formal sales experience that extends beyond retail or hospitality. Experience selling a service (as opposed to a tangible product) is a plus
- You must have experience using a CRM system and be willing to 100% commit to adopting ours to track your sales activity.
- You must be good on the computer. To us, "good" means that are proficient with the Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, and excel) without question. In addition, we use Hubspot, Zendesk, Slack, and an industry specific program called ServiceTrade. Prior working experience with these programs is not a requirement, but you must be prepared to adopt and self-teach on each of these platforms
As a company, Encore is hyper-focused on developing a culture that thrives on success and is energized by the fact that we get to make peoples' lives better and safer each day. One of the ways we do this is by generously rewarding all those who contribute to our continued growth. But we also believe that not all rewards are monetary. Here are just a few a few perks that a successful individual in this role can expect:
- Full-time position with an attractive salary and a results-driven commission plan
- We dress for the objective which means most days we wear jeans but occasionally we wear suits. As long as you know which situations require which (or aren't afraid to ask), you'll be all set!
- Speaking of attire, we offer all employees Encore gear twice a year
- Snacks and coffee everyday and weekly "to-order" office lunches and breakfast
- Freedom to express ideas - a culture of willingness to test, try, modify, adopt, enhance, improve and CHANGE as needed
- Access to leading edge web-based productivity tools
- Participation in Fidelity 401(K) that includes employer match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits through Blue Cross
- Company-paid life insurance policy of $25,000
Encore Fire Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Encore Fire Protection is an E-Verify Employer
As an EEO/AA employer, Encore Fire Protection considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.